• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 22 Snow Threat

WxUSAF

I usually sleep all night without waking up once.....unless there is snow in the forecast. Then I typically wake up every hour to look out the window. Another basic weenie affliction.

LOL there have been two times in the last year that I've stayed up all night for 1" dustings...I'll def be up all night Monday night. There are not many storms with this kind of temp drop and changeover.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wes seems to be on the pessimism train. :(

It's hard to be too optimistic when the 09Z sref members have about half showing no snow at all for DC and only three members showing accumulations and only 2 showing decent amounts. None looked as good as the 06Z GFS. I also don't like what I've seen so far of the GFS. Luckily, I only have to give a CWG quote today. I'll still probably keep the quote pretty generic.

Wes seems to be on the pessimism train. :(

I don't know what he's thinking but I can see where the pessimism may lay. Temp crashes are pretty huge and I think the bull's eye will shift slightly north before this is over with. I think Bmore might actually be in line for something nice here, but how nice is still to be seen. The bull's eye, as I've read on these boards, always tends to be a tad north of the modeling, and that certainly happened for Jan. 26th. D.C. might end up on the slushy side when you take a step back and just consider the temp crashes and how D.C. usually struggles with accums and those types of things. But I still think anyone from NOVA northward is looking at a legit threat for 2+

It's hard to be too optimistic when the 09Z sref members have about half showing no snow at all for DC and only three members showing accumulations and only 2 showing decent amounts. None looked as good as the 06Z GFS. I also don't like what I've seen so far of the GFS. Luckily, I only have to give a CWG quote today. I'll still probably keep the quote pretty generic.

Are you thinking this is a Mason Dixon special or just mainly rain for the area that gets hit?

Archived