amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Feb 22 Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now there is no solution out there that has MD all snow. The GGEM is mostly rain now. The GEFS is a lot warmer than the operational. The NAM is still outside of it's deadly range and the Euro is warmer. I think the Ukie is warmer as well. Not good trends...will not be suprised if this gets worse tomorrow. SREF is horrible too...

Seems like the NAM is taking that first wave further and further south each run as that wave gets closer to the NAM's wheel house of around 48 hours. Originally it was showing the wave running through upstate NY now with today's 06Z it has it coming through roughly the Mason/Dixon line. Almost makes it worth watching for those of us in NMD and SPA. If that first wave were to verify that far south I would think that may argue for the more suppressed, sheered look that some of the models are showing on the second wave coming through.

Looks like the 06Z GFS brings the first wave through the Mason Dixon line area. The second wave's axis of heaviest precip looks like it has slid south some with it from DC down to central VA. Also looks drier then previous runs. Not much to speak of north of the Mason/Dixon line. Looking at the 850's as they slide south I would think the best shot for a semi decent accumulation would be with Fredrick being the northern extent and DC being the southern extent then run that east to west through MD and NVa.

just saw the NAM and GFS...after last night I'll hug it, love it, and book it!

LWX has a 60% of rain changing to snow for me and then 30% of rain on Tuesday? What are they smoking? Would def be all snow on Tuesday if anything at all.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Annapolis&state=MD&site=LWX&textField1=39.0221&textField2=-76.4501

Archived