northernriwx
Feb 22 Snow Threat

WxUSAF

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at 54+ hrs., its got plenty of time the way things have changed so much T-24hrs

Mitch,

This is how I originally ended my blog yesterday but then waffled. "Right now I’m not very bullish on getting much accumulating snow but that could change. " I ended up not using that sentence in my blog and called jason that I wanted to change the ending as there was still lots of uncertainty. I've never been very bullish on this event even after seeing the bullish 06Z runs. Of course I could be wrong, but the two waves need more space between them for the second one to give us much snow. Even up your way. I suspect the 18Z gfs will trend towards a not so nice solution.

Mitch,

This is how I originally ended my blog yesterday but then waffled. "Right now I’m not very bullish on getting much accumulating snow but that could change. " I ended up not using that sentence in my blog and called jason that I wanted to change the ending as there was still lots of uncertainty. I've never been very bullish on this event even after seeing the bullish 06Z runs. Of course I could be wrong, but the two waves need more space between them for the second one to give us much snow. Even up your way. I suspect the 18Z gfs will trend towards a not so nice solution.

oof.. 850 0c punch in the gut

i dont see how anyone can make a forecast with the qpf and the temps changing dramatically every run. The only model who has been consistent is the EURO. 00z gfs and NAM will probably have a new solution tonight again

i havent seen many specific forecasts.. most mention precip

its gonna be 60 on monday....if any snow falls early tuesday it wont amount to anything

My comment has nothing to do with Monday night/Tuesday morning's event -- but this statement has been proven wrong so many times. Yeah, warm temps before storms don't help, and they are certainly a factor wrt to if the snow will accumulate, but heavy enough rates often over come those issues.

Kind of seems like the precip is almost done by hr 60 when temps finally go below freezing at DCA and Bmore?

Looks like a whole lot of nothing, but who knows if it will be anywhere near correct. With HPC and the NWS sorta playing it up, and the word that's been thrown around about the Euro, I'm not giving up.

Archived