• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The presidents day storm

tombo82685

My current Wxsim program forecast has a tough Tuesday AM commute but not the "disruptive" storm that is still being indicating in JB's latest update...he has this to say about the 2nd system...."the back system then has to come THROUGH the ridge.. further south. The ridge then backs up toward the western gulf to some extent in response to the trough that is diving off the west coast and this allows that second system to phase with the northern branch. The UKMET is the most extreme with this idea and is the current model I favor, since as I have explained before, this is a pattern that loves extremes"

The Wxsim has a drizzle developing by 6pm tomorrow night with temps at 43.2. This transitions to light snow by 9pm temp at 36.4...then over to IP/ZR by 3am with temps falling to 31.5. ZR then continues thru 830am before tapering to PM drizzle.

Around 1 to 2" of snow and some ZR/IP total liquid about 0.34"

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much disagreement at this point to get excited for snow or no snow at this point. Honestly, part me is saying bring on the warmth and sunshine. The differences between the NAM and GFS continue to astound me.

Agreed. The last few days have me spoiled and if it didn't snow another flake this winter i am fine with it. It will be back next year and i believe we are starting a string of some good winters, beginning with last year.:snowman:

Here's some approximate point QPF totals from what's available right now... note this is all from round 2, round 1 may give snow and ice to the Pocs/Lehigh...

SID  NAM  GFS  GEM  ECM
MPO 0.00 0.01 0.02 0.00
ABE 0.00 0.00 0.07 0.03
RDG 0.04 0.00 0.15 0.07
TTN 0.05 0.00 0.12 0.04
PHL 0.19 0.01 0.24 0.11
ILG 0.27 0.02 0.36 0.17
ACY 0.33 0.04 0.37 0.18
GED 0.77 0.24 0.66 0.32

Right now, considering the 0Z EC with the rest of the 12Z guidance, there seems to be 3 camps:

1 - Hardly a thing for the majority, GFS and old EC

2 - A minor hit for many, NAM and GEM

3 - A moderate hit for most, the UK

the writing has been on the board for a few days. We had a few model runs that got weenies up.

Most have showed that this area was in the shaft zone.

around .10 of snow for phl on the 2nd event...its alot more amp up at 72 hrs....but 78 it shears it out...so the good snows never make it north of mason dixon line....first event prob starts as frozen for phl...then to rain.......around .20 frozen for north jersey and poconos on the euro for first event

Euro much further south with the first wave.. snow near PHL.

.01 shading and 850's are quickly climbing back over 0 as the event begins...it's nothing to write home about.

Round one is a Pocono/Lehigh Valley event that might flizzard on the front end here.

Archived