amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The presidents day storm

tombo82685

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nam is .5-.75 through hr 84 from phl to abe with more snow to fall after hr 84. Pretty dang cold to looks like low to mid 20s with 850s -6 to -10, thought the ratios are pretty blah, 700 mb temps are not ideal

seems like mountains rob some mositure, but stilla decent hit through 84.

SV snow map 48hr totals through 84 would be

PHL: 4-8".. 850 temps -8to -12 celcius @ 850.. pretty good ratios for sure

NW NJ to scranton to poconos up to tioga county to BGM would be about 8-12 ( but i believe most of that is from 1st wave)

Pittsburg sweet spot with 12" plus

NW NJ to scranton to poconos up to tioga county to BGM would be about 8-12 ( but i believe most of that is from 1st wave)

still looks like for snow after hr 84 according to the maps?

Im not sure about that. In the snow growth region around 700mb the temps are -5 to -6 which isnt ideal for good snow growth. Usually you want it around -10. Im not positive on this so if someone with a better knowledge of this has a better explanation please chime in.

Im not sure about that. In the snow growth region around 700mb the temps are -5 to -6 which isnt ideal for good snow growth. Usually you want it around -10. Im not positive on this so if someone with a better knowledge of this has a better explanation please chime in.

Would take insane rates and at night to get any accums. on the roads with these temps lately...but it will be nice to see anything white.

With the trends this winter and before, I'd go with a GFS solution from a few days ago, basically hedging toward the GFS ensemble means. When has the 78-84 NAM come to fruition, if ever? I am doubting the ultra suppressed solution for the 2nd storm, but some light snows, not amounting to much is my guess. Go with the EURO and GFS means...take it to Vegas baby.

Archived