joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The presidents day storm

tombo82685

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z euro looks to be rain to snow for phl, with about 2-4 3-5...it delays the cold air seepage so we waste half the precip in mixing/rain....lehigh valley region looks to be all snow with 6 plus...further south its less snow and more mixing/rain.

any idea/thoughts for farther west into mdt and the susq. valley?

For those interested JB is honking with "MAJOR, DISRUPTIVE WINTER STORM "ENDS" HEAT WAVE FROM NEBRASKA TO NEW JERSEY WITH MUCH OF AREA BETWEEN I-70 AND I-80 INTO FOR A RUDE AWAKENING"

Indicates 2nd storm along cold front and moving east along I-70 in the Ohio Valley and through northern Virginia Tuesday morning - huge temperature fall and snow and ice north of its path Plains Monday, to the East Coast Tuesday

That is funny JB is saying that. Well,we'll see what will happen. I do agree there will be a threat for next week for snow.

For those interested JB is honking with "MAJOR, DISRUPTIVE WINTER STORM "ENDS" HEAT WAVE FROM NEBRASKA TO NEW JERSEY WITH MUCH OF AREA BETWEEN I-70 AND I-80 INTO FOR A RUDE AWAKENING"

Indicates 2nd storm along cold front and moving east along I-70 in the Ohio Valley and through northern Virginia Tuesday morning - huge temperature fall and snow and ice north of its path Plains Monday, to the East Coast Tuesday

I hope he is right, its been a long time since we pulled off a good snow without help from a coastal. Unfortunatly though, he probably jinxed all of us. I laughed this morning when I heard them calling for flurries and a few showers next week on the news. I really don't understand where they get their forecasts from, certianly not NOAA.

Have a feeling a bit of elevation may help with boundary level temps as cold air seeps in...

if it was all snow, it woul dbe 6-10.... but there isnt much separation between the two waves and the cold air seeps down a little later, thus we waste half the qpf on on rain and mixing.

Archived