joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The presidents day storm

tombo82685

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol ahhaha im just messing, you guys should be pretty close unless some bizarre banding sets up

haha yeah. we were 0.4" off on 1/26, so I think we're pretty close.

Are we actually getting something tonight? Last I heard was all rain from round 1.

Meanwhile, 73 today in St. Louis. Nice arch weather :sun:

lol ahhaha im just messing, you guys should be pretty close unless some bizarre banding sets up

I remember one a few years ago where everyone had changed over to a rain/mix while literally right over my backyard it was still snowing/mixing...im pretty sure there's a TWC radar shot of it, but i forget the storm. Would be crazy if it happens again...for any storm.

wow. 18z GFS has 0.31" for KPNE, 0.35" for KPHL just from round 2. I thought it was drier than that...

HRRR/RR making this look like a nice sleet/snow storm for round 1. Both show 925mb and 850mb 0c line hovering right around the area (I'd say SE Bucks/NE Philly is the battleground depending on the wind). Both show 35 dbz+ bands over the area, but the RR shows little in terms of accumulated precip (mid-levels too dry). They're both relatively dry despite some impressive composite reflectivity images. HRRR is a bit more aggressive with amounts (approx. 0.25") but temps are a problem, especially toward the end.

Latest Wxsim program forecast well aligned with latest WWA from Mt Holly (Mt Holly has 2 to 6" of total snow accumulation between the 2 events)

Here is the rundown

Snow before midnight with a mix with IP and ZR by 330a...1 to 3" by AM rush. Then just some light ZR and drizzle during the day

IP begins to mix back in with precip by 330pm....all snow by 830pm Monday night continuing till just before rush hour on tuesday with an additional 2 to 4" of snow accumulating. Total Wxsim forecast is 3 to 7" of snow between the 2 systems

Archived