amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The presidents day storm

tombo82685

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wxsim trending continues to be for a much more significant event. If this were to verify Kudos to JB on his forecast. Total combined snow between the 2 systems is 6" to 8" by Tuesday mornings rush hour...here is the breakdown

Snow arrives by midnight tonight with 2 or 3" of snow by 7am (temp 29.8). Lite ZR continues thru about 1130am....Round 2 begins around 630pm tomorrow night with a mix at 34.4 transitioning to a SN/IP mix and then to all snow by late evening. Snow will become heavy overnight before ending - with an additional 4 to 5" of snow accumulating by the Tuesday AM rush

why is Mt Holly thinking that this is a non event for Central jersey and they have temps in 40s on Monday. Then I come and read these boards and here all this talk of snow and go whoaa

The latest models have trended colder. Now mind you the raw GFS has an isothermal layer right at freezing for much of the event tomorrow morning at Trenton so any minor deviation warmer and its sleet/frz rain instead of snow. NAM has even more warmth so for Trenton it would be more sleet/frz rain.

The latest models have trended colder. Now mind you the raw GFS has an isothermal layer right at freezing for much of the event tomorrow morning at Trenton so any minor deviation warmer and its sleet/frz rain instead of snow.

well this is pretty shocking, people probably are getting caught off guard. Im in plowing and was preparing for maybe just some presalt now we are looking at a 2-4 inch event possible which really changes everything. I think the public has no clue what they will wake up to tomorrow. There has been very little talk of much more than a nuisance event here and now its turning into something more.

well this is pretty shocking, people probably are getting caught off guard. Im in plowing and was preparing for maybe just some presalt now we are looking at a 2-4 inch event possible which really changes everything. I think the public has no clue what they will wake up to tomorrow. There has been very little talk of much more than a nuisance event here and now its turning into something more.

Yeah I'm telling friends and family what the models are showing and they're telling me no way.. go piss up a rope, its going to rain :arrowhead:

Archived