• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Beyond Winter Intermission

ski MRG

I was gonna do it today or tomorrow. Busy day today with kids going b-day party and Uconn Women's Hoops game.

You want just artists right? Not specific songs

no i think specific songs. i'm just running out of ideas of stuff to download. i keep going back to all the stuff i listened to between like 94-02 and am hoping theres something newer im missing/forgetting

no pressure obviously. if you get to it...cool...if not...no worries at all.

hopefully you recommend lots of wayne newton, whitney houston and dionne warwick

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i think specific songs. i'm just running out of ideas of stuff to download. i keep going back to all the stuff i listened to between like 94-02 and am hoping theres something newer im missing/forgetting

no pressure obviously. if you get to it...cool...if not...no worries at all.

hopefully you recommend lots of wayne newton, whitney houston and dionne warwick

Will there be a plethora of songs from Sarah M that you can play?

2" of new snow overnight... snowbanks were brown for only 36 hours and now they have that fresh look to them. Snow in the trees, on the cars, on the roads...

21F with -SN... upslope snow showers expected all day with another 1-3" of accum.

Winter is Back

Best part is Ryan still has snowcover and dirty snowbanks to look at everywhere..and has to forecast cold and snow for the forseeable future

Best part is Ryan still has snowcover and dirty snowbanks to look at everywhere..and has to forecast cold and snow for the forseeable future

Haha... dirty city snowbanks, he does have a fetish for those :lol:

You guys look to do well on Sunday night/Monday down there. I'm going to enjoy the snow today here because I think this thing slides south.

Ahh snow blowing off roof-tops, nearby hills just disappeared, looks like another squall approaching.

24/11, snsh,1-2" overnight. wind absolutely ripping w/gusts in excess of 40mph creating near whiteout conditions at times. One of the wilder nights of the Winter as far as wind is concerned. Everything is a fresh white again and the 'Torch' is now just a fading memory. All in alll we came through that adverse period of warm weather in good shape. Sun night/Monday look to provide another shot of snow. Looks like more snow will fall through the day here as the upslope machine is switched on and spilling over the crest. Nice to have Winter raging again. Where's Messenger?

24/11, snsh,1-2" overnight. wind absolutely ripping w/gusts in excess of 40mph creating near whiteout conditions at times. One of the wilder nights of the Winter as far as wind is concerned. Everything is a fresh white again and the 'Torch' is now just a fading memory. All in alll we came through that adverse period of warm weather in good shape. Sun night/Monday look to provide another shot of snow. Looks like more snow will fall through the day here as the upslope machine is switched on and spilling over the crest. Nice to have Winter raging again. Where's Messenger?

Taking the mower out for a spin, I'd imagine.

F the SREFs. :)

SREFs are juicier to the west, so that may be a sign that QPF could continue to increase as we get closer, or if the storm ticks north.

Scott, what's your best guess for GC? I have an architect from Manhattan that is thinking of driving up here for a meeting with me Monday. I already told him a light/mod snowfall is in the cards. He drives a Prius. Really.

looked like the 6z model suite ticked significantly enough S with the track and associated moisture that it looks juiciest along the S. shore of SNE and then not much going on in NE SNE. an inch or so.

Did last nite's euro show this......?

12z nam should give idea of wether this is a burp or not. looked like 6z' showed about .15 qpf from ORH/ pike to route 2. maybe less NE. confluence FTL

SREFs are juicier to the west, so that may be a sign that QPF could continue to increase as we get closer, or if the storm ticks north.

I think theres a good chance they come north and juicier as we get closer. I haven't changed my thinking from last night.

theF SREFs. :)

I think I'd rather have things depicted a little south at this juncture. Totally brutal out there. Snowshoed up Berkshire Snow Basin at dawn, it was snowing with a ferocious wind. The 'torch' dropped the snowpack depth a little but the worst thing it did was turn the luscious powder we've had all Winter into a styrofoam like mass. Edgeable but a let down after such a prolonged period of perfect conditions.Nice to see snow falling though. Dust on the crust.

Scott, what's your best guess for GC? I have an architect from Manhattan that is thinking of driving up here for a meeting with me Monday. I already told him a light/mod snowfall is in the cards. He drives a Prius. Really.

Yeah a 2-4 or 3-5 deal seems about right. If the storm goes a little north, it still won't matter for you. These things have a tendency to want to come north, but it's also fighting the polar vortex and it's not a well defined vortmax coming east. Nevertheless, given the trajectory, it wouldn't shock me in seeing this come a little more north, but it has limitations. It might just stay as is.

F the SREFs. :)

I've got to admit I took the soft rake to the former snow pile zone yesterday. Get some of the sand off the lawn and expose the less white grass/better heating later.

One thing interesting....back in December a piece of plastic blew off the deck. Then it snowed and for 50 days it was buried. Yesterday I picked it up - grass underneath was many shades darker. Weird but obviously direct snow contact whitens the grass more than contact through thin plastic.

Windy today but I'm under a ridge to the wnw so I don't take that big a beating on the nw. But it's nasty in the bay.

I enjoyed the 50-60 degree weather. But now back to winter sports, skating on ponds etc.

I think theres a good chance they come north and juicier as we get closer. I haven't changed my thinking from last night.

I'm hoping for that, because these storms that want to peel ese never work out that well for eastern and esp ne mass. I think that PV will have a say as to how far north..not really the classic swfe that we were used to, but a Plains low loves to bump north usually.

I think I'd rather have things depicted a little south at this juncture. Totally brutal out there. Snowshoed up Berkshire Snow Basin at dawn, it was snowing with a ferocious wind. The 'torch' dropped the snowpack depth a little but the worst thing it did was turn the luscious powder we've had all Winter into a styrofoam like mass. Edgeable but a let down after such a prolonged period of perfect conditions.Nice to see snow falling though. Dust on the crust.

:thumbsup:

I'm hoping for that, because these storms that want to peel ese never work out that well for eastern and esp ne mass. I think that PV will have a say as to how far north..not really the classic swfe that we were used to, but a Plains low loves to bump north usually.

2/22/08 had a confluence 5h low to our north but it wasn't a pv...more like a shortwave. But I'd be surprised if it didn't come north. Juicy systems off to our west love to bump the heights up a little more than models want to give them credit for.

Archived