• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Beyond Winter Intermission

ski MRG

I had 2" in that....11" in the st Paddy's day and .5" on March 2nd...that was the mnth for me.

The St. Paddy's day will always hold a special place in my heart, though because it was my 2nd major event on this board, the first being the vd event....I had to wait an ETERNITY to experience a decent event on here, that winter. :lol::axe:

That winter was so bad in the beginning. Think about where we were on February 1st that winter. ORH had 5" for the season. :lmao: :lmao: Compare that to where we were this year on Feb 1st.

Feb and Mar made a nice comeback but it wasn't even close to enough to make up for the abysmal first half. NNE was able to make for it, but we were too far south to make up completely.

The St. Pattys event was nice, but being so late in the season it kind of had a bitter sweet feel and even that one was still sleet contaminated. Dec '07 erased the bad taste pretty quick of the previous winter.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Score. Woke up to some decent snows. Good fluffly flkaes coming down. Perhaps an an inch or so it look slike. With the blowing , hard to be sure,.

29.6/26 and breezy.--a little :).

Edit: Curiously, since this post my temp had dropped to 29.4 and is suddenly back up to 30.3. Guess the warmth is giving some resistence. Listening to teh wind roar, though, that resistance will soon be gone.

Nice to wake up to an almost regionwide 3-6 inch event except for extreme south coast. Maybe some spots can grab 7 or 8. NAM looks good

Nice to have the Euro and NAM in lock step

Well, if Fairfield can get 3"--even if it's only in their forecast--they'll probably close the school. lol

Temp dropping fast.

28.6/25

President's Day holiday..no school

Down to 32 here..Iced over snowpack..Squalls heading SE

Ah--forget about that. Hopefully you can get a little from the area just west of ORH. Might clip you or be a near miss. Can see the dawn lightening the back edge of the clouds from the line that brought us an inch or so. Nice to make the post-torch snowpack appear to be fresh. Kind of like the "starts without make-up" slideshows I've seen--that make up can make a lot of difference it seems! lol

28.1/25

Eh, I wouldn't go that far yet, but it doesn't look all that great. I could see a mixed mess if something like the GFS and Canadian ensembles verify.

They won't.. Let's just hope we can maximize Monday's event and get an overperformer. And hopefully even get the south coast some decent snow for those snow starved folks

LOL. I don't think he means that.

yeah that wasn't my thought at all. more just exactly what you said above. it's not a traditional SWFE with that PV there. maybe the thermal profile will behave somewhat similarly...i don't know...but the qpf distribution might be a little different than what folks might normally expect.

Archived