• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Beyond Winter Intermission

ski MRG

Not loving that a lot of what lift is available in the mid levels is pretty far south.

GFS wise.

This is ok. The model is blowing up the lift in the warm sector, but look at this large area of mid level RH. That's indicative of a large area of light to perhaps moderate snow. IMO models sometimes don't show enough love to the north.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am there with you 100%

I did mention the shredding going on a few times this morning and last night. Not much of a response from anyone.

Here's one of my posts:

I did make a post earlier, about how I did want to see it moving ese...indicative of shearing because that always screws eastern areas. I'm not all that concerned about it right now.

PRELIMINARY EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION

NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD

818 AM EST SAT FEB 19 2011

VALID 12Z WED FEB 23 2011 - 12Z SAT FEB 26 2011

...OVERNIGHT...

RIDGING ACROSS THE EASTERN PACIFIC COMBINED WITH A POLAR VORTEX

MOVING ACROSS HUDSON BAY FAVORS SOUTHEAST RIDGING AND A POSITIVELY

TILTED TROUGH FROM THE POLAR VORTEX INTO THE WEST. THIS IS IN

LINE WITH THE 00Z CANADIAN AND 00Z GFS...BUT NOT THE 00Z ECMWF

WHICH CLOSES OFF A DEEP LOW OFFSHORE THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST NEXT

WEEKEND AND SENDS A STRONG CYCLONE THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES..RIGHT

IN BETWEEN WHERE THE 12Z GLOBAL ENSEMBLE MEMBERS HAVE A PAIR OF

WEAKER CYCLONES. THEREFORE, WILL NOT USE THE 00Z EC THIS PERIOD.

Well, apparently I am not the only one that found the GFS a better fit

for the overall pattern going forward.

PRELIMINARY EXTENDED FORECAST DISCUSSION

NWS HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL PREDICTION CENTER CAMP SPRINGS MD

818 AM EST SAT FEB 19 2011

VALID 12Z WED FEB 23 2011 - 12Z SAT FEB 26 2011

...OVERNIGHT...

RIDGING ACROSS THE EASTERN PACIFIC COMBINED WITH A POLAR VORTEX

MOVING ACROSS HUDSON BAY FAVORS SOUTHEAST RIDGING AND A POSITIVELY

TILTED TROUGH FROM THE POLAR VORTEX INTO THE WEST. THIS IS IN

LINE WITH THE 00Z CANADIAN AND 00Z GFS...BUT NOT THE 00Z ECMWF

WHICH CLOSES OFF A DEEP LOW OFFSHORE THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST NEXT

WEEKEND AND SENDS A STRONG CYCLONE THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES..RIGHT

IN BETWEEN WHERE THE 12Z GLOBAL ENSEMBLE MEMBERS HAVE A PAIR OF

WEAKER CYCLONES. THEREFORE, WILL NOT USE THE 00Z EC THIS PERIOD.

Well, apparently I am not the only one that found the GFS a better fit

for the overall pattern going forward.

Even the ensembles are not as amped as the 00z euro, so no shock there.

I did make a post earlier, about how I did want to see it moving ese...indicative of shearing because that always screws eastern areas. I'm not all that concerned about it right now.

Just saw your post. Yeah some slight adjustments will certainly happen, but this isn't one of those 07-09 SWFE that jumps from NJ to the Mass Pike in 48hrs. I'm not "worried" about suppression with this. More a matter of how amplified the disturbance is, to intensify the overrunning precip shield.

Just saw your post. Yeah some slight adjustments will certainly happen, but this isn't one of those 07-09 SWFE that jumps from NJ to the Mass Pike in 48hrs. I'm not "worried" about suppression with this. More a matter of how amplified the disturbance is, to intensify the overrunning precip shield.

And obviously I meant "didn't want to see it".lol.

And yes, I don't see it as the classic swfe from those years either, but I still could see a nw adjustment..but wouldn't be shocked if it moves very little. I would guess the only areas that need to be aware of that, are areas south of PVD-HFD, but it's not like they are in dire straits right now.

Ginx, it has truly drilled back in here in impressive fashion. Trees down, snow flyin' , temps dropping, snow in the forecast. Never in doubt for the CoT.lol

With the tremendous cold pool in Canada with seasonal warmth returning to the South there is going to be an extreme amount of volatility and thermoclinical wars, no doubt. Folks can spout teleconnectors, model outcomes etc but whatever comes down as long as this dichotomy exists the potential for explosiveness is nearby.

With the tremendous cold pool in Canada with seasonal warmth returning to the South there is going to be an extreme amount of volatility and thermoclinical wars, no doubt. Folks can spout teleconnectors, model outcomes etc but whatever comes down as long as this dicotomy exists the potential for explosiveness is nearby.

It looks like plenty more chances for snow coming up after this next event, maybe we can build the snowpack up to a pretty decent level again especially for March.

With the tremendous cold pool in Canada with seasonal warmth returning to the South there is going to be an extreme amount of volatility and thermoclinical wars, no doubt. Folks can spout teleconnectors, model outcomes etc but whatever comes down as long as this dichotomy exists the potential for explosiveness is nearby.

POWDERKEG!!!!!!

Archived