e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Beyond Winter Intermission

ski MRG

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The general landscape took a beating and the majority of the area no longer looks epic, but I'm pleased with the amount of snow that I have come out of this with.....now lets rebuild, which should be relatively easy since this crap is so weathered that it should be very resistent to compaction.

Yeah...while the snow pack still looks pretty impressive, today assaulted it enough to knock it down from epic looking. In the pics I posted today...you can definitely tell the difference between those and the ones I took about 2 days ago. There's def a difference between a 18-19" snow pack and 27".

Wow. I'm going to lose power more than likely. Wind is really howling, the old farmhouse is whistling. dewpoint at Peru now at 6. Love having Peru so close as it gives me an accurate depiction wrt wind direction and speed.

Thats insane dew point here is 41, and somehow snow is still on the ground, about 2-3 inches in the sun and 4-7 in the backyard, amazing no idea how it survived, thank the cool waters of long island sound and low dews up until today and the fact it was a glacier.

Nah, nice place actually, but I cracked up when I heard that.

It is time for us to roll out the FIYAHH verbiage, Jerrys thoughts about how we seem to be evolving into a repeat pattern are looking pretty good. I could see March rockin and then the NAO laying down the gauntlet for a week or two of cutoffs. Sure is a different team this March, sort of an All star lineup on the field, just hope we have the pitching staff to deliver. I think we do.

Thats insane dew point here is 41, and somehow snow is still on the ground, about 2-3 inches in the sun and 4-7 in the backyard, amazing no idea how it survived, thank the cool waters of long island sound and low dews up until today and the fact it was a glacier.

Cool ! Probably helps take your mind off the Jets.

To reiterate what Will was saying, here's the 6 hr GFS ensemble mean qpf. They try to make this first storm more robust and longer, but don't forget...it's the mean and it also is incorporating some members showing the second low, so the duration maybe too long as depicted. You get the idea anyways.

Agree--we had 3 days this week 55 or better and still have good pack....temps just spiked from 47 to 54--front approaching? BIL in philly reports high winds already...

Nah, its all about the true sport now, baseball, I cant wait, hopefully its snows on opening day at the stadium.

Pete, you have a mean streak in you man, smoke.

Nah, just messin with ya, don't forget I work in construction.lol I really wish I could get into baseball but for me it's a sedative. Last time I went to a game (Giants vs.Padres) I fell asleep in the stands. I will be waiting for the merciless taunting about my beloved Bills when next Fall rolls around.

Agree--we had 3 days this week 55 or better and still have good pack....temps just spiked from 47 to 54--front approaching? BIL in philly reports high winds already...

Oh, by the way, Jules and I actually walked on the beach today over at Penfield, looks like mid summer according to the crew for completion. Half the beach is lost for the summer and no parking, hit southport or Sasco this summer.

Oh, by the way, Jules and I actually walked on the beach today over at Penfield, looks like mid summer according to the crew for completion. Half the beach is lost for the summer and no parking, hit southport or Sasco this summer.

Thanks-figured it would not be done by June 1st...will be worth it once it's done-old place was a nightmare

Nah, just messin with ya, don't forget I work in construction.lol I really wish I could get into baseball but for me it's a sedative. Last time I went to a game (Giants vs.Padres) I fell asleep in the stands. I will be waiting for the merciless taunting about my beloved Bills when next Fall rolls around.

Your a good fan, I was born in 70 so I have never seen my Jets win it all, I am starting to wonder if it will ever happen, by the way that little vid was sick out of MRG, I enjoyed it, the twiggys.

52/39

Your a good fan, I was born in 70 so I have never seen my Jets win it all, I am starting to wonder if it will ever happen, by the way that little vid was sick out of MRG, I enjoyed it, the twiggys.

52/39

Yea that was sweet, showed my wife and said, I remember when. She said beautiful scenery can you snowshoe there? Great shots

Archived