• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The I hate spring thread

Ji

I hate spring. I want another Little Ice Age.

I love winter and snow and subzero vodka cold.

I hate spring and summer. I get to enjoy severe allergies in spring then I am literally in Hell in summer.

But what I really, truly despise is that we have to put up with this crap warm weather in MID FEBRUARY.

Global Warming is GAME ON after all.

Last winter winter was over on Feb 11.

THIS WINTER winter is over on Feb 11.

The southern Mid Atlantic is the most cursed part of the world ever.

I hate this place as badly as egyptians hated mubarak.

I wish to god I lived at 14000 feet in the Sierra Nevada with 478 feet of snow, 100 mph winds and 20 below zero with zero visibilities

There is NO justice in the world - Arkahoma stole our snow - right now they got 22 inches of pure joy on the ground. They stole our precious vodka cold too, They got to enjoy refreshing lows in the negative 30s fahrenheit with deep powder snow. The Outer Banks, Viginia Beach Virginia, SE VA and most of S VA have utterly outperformed us snow wise this winter. North Virginia is a total embarrassment.

What do we get for all our troubles, tribulations and having our poor snow starved souls scoured out all winter?

A g-ddamned EARLY FOOKIN SPRING!!! For us - Spring is not March fookin 21st anymore - Spring starts on Feb 11. This is what truly pisses me off. It will be warm from now on thru September. The GWO cycle is utterly irrelevant - absolutely meaningless. We are going to hit 77 degrees before this month is out. THIS IS FEBRUARY - NOT MARCH

I hate this place - it sucks - it really does

I want an all out ice age - I don't really care if it kills off 99 percent of mankind - which a global ice age would do. I hate summer. There is absolutely nothing good about it - absolutely NO fooking redeeming qualities to be found with the high sun period - NONE!!

I am severely terminally obsessed with snow and cold - valuing those items over everyone and everything else no matter what. That statement defines me more than any other. I have been that way all my life and I am damned PROUD of it to the bitter end. I'm 46 now - I will NEVER change - to the utter detriment and everlasting sorrow and tearful embarrassment of every single person all around me, especially my family. Even if there was a so-called god - WHICH THERE IS NOT - religion is a severe delusion afflicting man - I would proudly stand before him and state that I love the ice age more than even him.

All I really truly give a damn about is high winds, zero visibilities, severe thundersnows with a foot an hour rates, 30 below zero temps and 100 mph wind gusts with drifts to 45 stories.

Nothing else on earth really matters to me at all. That's my final answer - for eternity.

Move to Alaska.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Spring!! By the time we hit mid-February, I've had enough of the cold and wind. Warm sun, with trees and flowers blooming... best time of year.

X2. I am ready to be outdoors without freezing my ass off. Can't wait for the tracks to open again, I am itching to go drag racing.

I hate spring. I want another Little Ice Age.

I love winter and snow and subzero vodka cold.

I hate spring and summer. I get to enjoy severe allergies in spring then I am literally in Hell in summer.

But what I really, truly despise is that we have to put up with this crap warm weather in MID FEBRUARY.

Global Warming is GAME ON after all.

Last winter winter was over on Feb 11.

THIS WINTER winter is over on Feb 11.

The southern Mid Atlantic is the most cursed part of the world ever.

I hate this place as badly as egyptians hated mubarak.

I wish to god I lived at 14000 feet in the Sierra Nevada with 478 feet of snow, 100 mph winds and 20 below zero with zero visibilities

There is NO justice in the world - Arkahoma stole our snow - right now they got 22 inches of pure joy on the ground. They stole our precious vodka cold too, They got to enjoy refreshing lows in the negative 30s fahrenheit with deep powder snow. The Outer Banks, Viginia Beach Virginia, SE VA and most of S VA have utterly outperformed us snow wise this winter. North Virginia is a total embarrassment.

What do we get for all our troubles, tribulations and having our poor snow starved souls scoured out all winter?

A g-ddamned EARLY FOOKIN SPRING!!! For us - Spring is not March fookin 21st anymore - Spring starts on Feb 11. This is what truly pisses me off. It will be warm from now on thru September. The GWO cycle is utterly irrelevant - absolutely meaningless. We are going to hit 77 degrees before this month is out. THIS IS FEBRUARY - NOT MARCH

I hate this place - it sucks - it really does

I want an all out ice age - I don't really care if it kills off 99 percent of mankind - which a global ice age would do. I hate summer. There is absolutely nothing good about it - absolutely NO fooking redeeming qualities to be found with the high sun period - NONE!!

I am severely terminally obsessed with snow and cold - valuing those items over everyone and everything else no matter what. That statement defines me more than any other. I have been that way all my life and I am damned PROUD of it to the bitter end. I'm 46 now - I will NEVER change - to the utter detriment and everlasting sorrow and tearful embarrassment of every single person all around me, especially my family. Even if there was a so-called god - WHICH THERE IS NOT - religion is a severe delusion afflicting man - I would proudly stand before him and state that I love the ice age more than even him.

All I really truly give a damn about is high winds, zero visibilities, severe thundersnows with a foot an hour rates, 30 below zero temps and 100 mph wind gusts with drifts to 45 stories.

Nothing else on earth really matters to me at all. That's my final answer - for eternity.

i totally agree with this post, spring is ok, autumn is ok i hate summer, im a welder and i hate the heat, if its 95 outside then its 120 inside the shop where i work , not looking forward to the heat of summer

Alright Jebman so I read that you are 46....I assume you are stuck here career-wise for now, but have you thought about where you might retire in 15 years? You could get a house very cheap in some of those small towns in the lake effect belt of upstate NY. Yeah that state will tax you for every flake, but the cost of housing is really low and you could prolly sell your VA house and pay cash for a little place and have alot left over to add to your nest egg. You would go out and get yourself a MONSTER snowblower to get ready to blow many feet of snow off your driveway (even YOU can't do Tug Hill snow with a shovel LOL).

SPRING -- I love springtime IF it is decent. I hate it when we get blocking/coastal storms in April treating us to rain and 42 knowing that it would have been a great storm a few weeks before. That's especially heinous after a loser winter.

My ideal would be of course a great, snowy winter (picure this one with us getting hit by Dec 26 plus one other big one, maybe last week), then we get a massive pattern switch and get much above temps thru March, a mild April, then a normal May.

I don't hate any season. They all have great qualities. Fall is my overall favorite but not by much. To each their own and we all have our own reasons. I love to ski, fish, surf, and hike so all seasons have great appeal.

I was a major snow weenie as a kid and I worked for a ski area in CO for 7 years in the 90's. As much as I loved the long winters and big snows in the Rockies, May was the absolute most miserable month. So miserable that I used to spend May in FL or MD. There is nothing worse than an entire month of melting snow, muddy parking lots, and highs in the 50's. May was called mud season because there was mud everywhere. You couldn't fish because the rivers are swollen all month. You couldn't hike because of the mud and decent snowpack. You could ski but by May you get a little burned out each year. Since this is a hate spring thread, I will say that I absolutely hated mid spring in Silverthorne CO.

My favorite seasons are autumn and winter, though I certainly enjoy the outdoor activites of spring and summer despite how hot it can get here in July and August. That said, I'd prefer to not even think of spring starting until about mid-March, as there's still potential for some winter weather even around here up to that point. It's actually kind of depressing to think about in mid-February...sort of like thinking about Christmas when it's barely Halloween or something.

I do like seeing everything bloom anew in the spring, the new leaves coming out, etc. And getting out again to do things you hadn't been able to for a few months. Though as others have said, pollen can be a major pain in the rear (or nasal passages, as the case may be!). If we get enough rain during spring to wash out the pollen now and then it's not so bad, but dry springs with all that stuff blowing around can be pretty miserable. I think the worst part of spring here in the mid-Atlantic, or anywhere on the East Coast, are the back-door cold fronts, where it can go from sunny and pleasant in the 70s one day, to being socked in with drizzle and 40s if the flow turns onshore. That can happen well into May.

Where I grew up in northeast OH winter can easily last into the early part of April. In fact, many of the heaviest snows have occurred into late March. There's a sort of joke in that area that spring lasts about 2 weeks between winter and summer!

Not many severeWX fans here I see. Theres nothing like sittin on the porch late evening and watching a squall line move in.

I think most people on here like severe storms, but it seems likes it's almost as rare to get a good severe storm as it is a snowstorm in dc. Talk about threading the needle. 90 percent of the severe thunderstorm warnings dont even result in severe storms and doubt they verify in true sense. I only remember 2 storms last year where I live that I would qualify as severe. The one in late July and that morning one 2 weeks later. Alexandria had one in august, but it missed DC.

spring is probably the best season once you get past the still looks/feels like winter phase.. it edges out fall because fall has the horribleness of knowing cold is right behind.

I think you and I are in lock-step in this, Ian.

One reason I love spring is because I know I've got months of fishing and golf ahead of me. I also get to work on my vegetable agrden, enjoy the sun on bare skin, get the dog out without freezing my ass off, and grill and drink beers on the deck in comfort with my wife and friends.

And severe weather is cool, too.

Not many severeWX fans here I see. Theres nothing like sittin on the porch late evening and watching a squall line move in.

Though I've always preferred following winter events, I do also find it very interesting to follow a good severe outbreak too, actually. That is, as long as it doesn't go knocking my power out for 24 hours again like it did twice last summer! Hell, here in Montgomery County, MD, if a leaf rustles in the wind, someone's power will almost certainly go out. (That has a nice Zen sound to it...if a tree falls in the forest but nobody is on that power grid, does it go out?)

Though I've always preferred following winter events, I do also find it very interesting to follow a good severe outbreak too, actually. That is, as long as it doesn't go knocking my power out for 24 hours again like it did twice last summer! Hell, here in Montgomery County, MD, if a leaf rustles in the wind, someone's power will almost certainly go out. (That has a nice Zen sound to it...if a tree falls in the forest but nobody is on that power grid, does it go out?)

Yes the power outages last year were absolutely terrible. But the thrill of going through 90mph winds was well worth it. I think once we get winter off our minds, and head into summer, we'll start looking for the severewx threats again. The Changing seasons seem to go hand in hand with swinging emotions for wx weenies.

I think the reason the power outages were so bad was the peristance of the winds throughout the storm instead of 1 gust then done. Once the first gusts hit, they seemed to only get worse throughout the storm.

Yes the power outages last year were absolutely terrible. But the thrill of going through 90mph winds was well worth it. I think once we get winter off our minds, and head into summer, we'll start looking for the severewx threats again. The Changing seasons seem to go hand in hand with swinging emotions for wx weenies.

I think the reason the power outages were so bad was the peristance of the winds throughout the storm instead of 1 gust then done. Once the first gusts hit, they seemed to only get worse throughout the storm.

I have never been in the middle of a storm like last July and I agree about the winds. The first nasty gust before the rain was nothing like what followed. My grass was kinda long at the time and it was laying flat and rippling like water. Big branches were just rainin down and I was standing by my sliding glass door when a brach came through the ceiling like a missile. Literally 3 feet from my head. I was rattled for days thinking how close it could have been to serious injury. I will never be stupid like that again.

About $9k in damage in total. Insurance only covered the house damage and water damage in the house. I had to shell out $1,700 for the tree work. It sucked but I'll always remember that storm.

9 out 10 winters here are so disappointing that over time fall has become my favorite season- at least then I still have hope for a good winter around the corner. I guess it's like August being the best month for a Redskin fan- hope and anticipation before reality sets in. I love fall days that are cloudy cool, with great leaf colors. Fall Also represents the furthest distance from 90 degrees. I also love that first frost. Winter is still my first and true love, but there are only so many times one can tolerate taking the kick in the nads.

9 out 10 winters here are so disappointing that over time fall has become my favorite season- at least then I still have hope for a good winter around the corner. I guess it's like August being the best month for a Redskin fan- hope and anticipation before reality sets in. I love fall days that are cloudy cool, with great leaf colors. Fall Also represents the furthest distance from 90 degrees. I also love that first frost. Winter is still my first and true love, but there are only so many times one can tolerate taking the kick in the nads.

This is a sad post. Love lost.

I like the four seasons... just as long as winter is at least 5 months long and spring/fall are each 2 months long or less.

I dunno, but I'm one of the few here who find him extremely annoying. I'v been on these boards for about 10 years and he's one of two people I have ever put on ignore.

But to each their own.

Who's the other one?

I like the four seasons... just as long as winter is at least 5 months long and spring/fall are each 2 months long or less.

Who's the other one?

I agree. I like 4 seasons with emphasis on winter, lol. My ideal climate would be something like 5 months of winter with ~100"-150" of snow, 1.5 months of spring...50s and 60s, 3.5 months of summer...mostly 70s and 80s, sometimes getting warmer and more humid to allow for some nice t-storms, and 2 months of fall...40s and 50s.

Nov-beg April-Winter

Mid Apr-May-Spring

June-early Sep-Summer

Mid Sep-early Nov-fall

Make it happen. guitar.gif

Have to admit I agree with Ji on this one. Everyone is getting happier as the days get longer and the prospect of warmth gets closer, but the longer the days, the more unhappy I feel. Its like the opposite of seasonal affective disorder. I do like to grow a little vegetable garden though so that is what I use to get through the summer. Overcast days are so much more pleasant to me than sunny days, except in the fall, a cool crisp sunny day with the smell of fallen leaves is one of the best things. I'd take a snow storm though over any other weather event.

I have never been in the middle of a storm like last July and I agree about the winds. The first nasty gust before the rain was nothing like what followed. My grass was kinda long at the time and it was laying flat and rippling like water. Big branches were just rainin down and I was standing by my sliding glass door when a brach came through the ceiling like a missile. Literally 3 feet from my head. I was rattled for days thinking how close it could have been to serious injury. I will never be stupid like that again.

About $9k in damage in total. Insurance only covered the house damage and water damage in the house. I had to shell out $1,700 for the tree work. It sucked but I'll always remember that storm.

Ouch, thats horrible! In this economy that may have hurt more than usual ;) You're a lucky guy being that close to injury. I would have taken pics if I could have charged my camera.....but I needed electricity to do that.

.......I was stupid too.........I was outside when the first gust hit, and my back door slammed shut on me and I couldn't get it open At First. I heard the wooden furnature and grill tumbling/sliding across my deck behind me (very heavy stuff), which gave me the adrenaline spark to shove the door open :lol:

When I got inside, I saw "Tubes" or "Streamers" of blowing Rain Flying by the window.......I looked out the window, and saw Huge trees I had known all my life Breaking... at that time I was screaming profanity.

It got even worse, and I ended up hiding in my basement, which I had never done before . While I was down there, The screens ripped off the windows I was just watching from, and the "gutter helmet" system on the north side of the house tore off.

There was something about seeing the big trees that I had always known being shredded in front of my eyes.....it gave me the chills. All of my neighbors had trees down, and Dr. Lai (neighbor across the street) had his upstairs picture window broken.

I probably should have had a pacemaker implanted.....truly heart-attack worthy storm. Yet, I'm glad I experienced it. Funny how the mind of a wx-weenie works!

I lived for 4 years in the snow belt of southwest Michigan. Winter started early and ended late up there. We had one summer where the basically was no summer. That year it was in the low 60's on the 4th of July, that really sucked. I have pictures of a snowstorm that happened in late April 2005 with leaves green on the trees. That year the last snow fell on May 2nd.

Archived