Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 4

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RU84789

"Heaviest snow of the storm - almost as heavy as the 12/26 blizzard - simply pouring snow out there at about 2" per hour rates. Could easily pick up 8" or more tonight at this rate on top of our 5.5" form part 1 and the 2" or so that have fallen since then. Awe inspiring out there - about to go for a shovel at halftime of the RU-Cincy hoops game (we're actually up 4 near the end of the first half on the road - Mike Rice will be the saviour of RU hoops)."

that's no lie, getting pounded here in Morris County. Close to 8" since this morning. heavy/horizontal wind driven snow, wind really howling. I'm sure John in Scotch plains is experiencing the same. Unreal.

Send some of the thundersnow out to North Central NJ - still haven't seen any. On the plus side, we've remained all snow the entire time.

Just talked to my sister in DC - what a mess down there. The storm began right around 4:30 - perfect timing to make the commute a nightmare. Her 20 minute drive has taken her 5 hours - numerous cars abandoned on the road making driving treacherous.

Just dumping snow right now

RU84789

"Heaviest snow of the storm - almost as heavy as the 12/26 blizzard - simply pouring snow out there at about 2" per hour rates. Could easily pick up 8" or more tonight at this rate on top of our 5.5" form part 1 and the 2" or so that have fallen since then. Awe inspiring out there - about to go for a shovel at halftime of the RU-Cincy hoops game (we're actually up 4 near the end of the first half on the road - Mike Rice will be the saviour of RU hoops)."

that's no lie, getting pounded here in Morris County. Close to 8" since this morning. heavy/horizontal wind driven snow, wind really howling. I'm sure John in Scotch plains is experiencing the same. Unreal.

Archived