Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 4

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we just transitioned to almost 100 percent snow and it is coming down HARD. i am out in suffolk county...that line is really crashing.

lol i'm hope i'm next... please please please please

oh btw, branches hanging down due to the ice... and if we do get 6 or more inches of heavy wet snow later on together with the wind, i won't be surprised to see some branches breaking...

ALEX- take a look at the radar...look at what is forming...could this be our deform band that always evades us? the yellows to the east of us linking with the yellows just south of us?????

I see it! I think we can get to a foot of snow for a storm total if we get that band.

It's snowing HARD here in Lynbrook, even with my neighbor's floodlight off I still can see the flakes and barely can see across the street.

If nassau County can get 5 hours of this till let's say 3AM, we'll add 6- 8 inches for sure.

But do you think Bloomberg will close NYC schools at 5AM?

No because it will be over by then. And youre on Long Island; it doesnt affect us :) BTW all snow line is now out to Islip.

Temps finally below freezing again, 31 F now with NNW winds.

<br />Visibility below 1/4 mile, maybe 1/8 mile<br />SN+<br />~3.5 inches from the 2nd batch.<br /><br />Rahway, NJ<br />
<br /><br /><br />Similar here in Metuchen: just shoveled with my 16 year old son - took us 20 minutes and after that time about 0.75" had accumulated where we started, which would be about 2.2" per hour. We're up to 3" of new snow/sleet on top of the 5.5" we had from part 1. Just pouring snow right now; less than 1/4 mile visibility. Wow - and radar looks amazing with more to come. I work in RY (Merck) and hoping it's at least a delayed opening...

ok now about 80% snow 20% ICE and coming down literally like I've never seen wind driven snow come down before. So heavy.

(East Setauket, Long Island)

Enjoying this!!!

This will accumulate ridiculously fast if this were to hold up. You know you're right for this business when you get as excited as I am right now over what's falling in my backyard :)

i'd say 70/40 snow to ice right now in long beach. when are these heavy bands coming through and when will it turn to snow? what time should this be done? work tomorrow in Holbrook is looking pretty silly at this point.

Seems like it's almost all snow out my window, but still a little bit of sleet mixed in. Like a snow globe outside.

We should be rockin' until probably 3am!!

Archived