joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January Thread Part III

Rick G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got a total of about 1 inch here. Just come in from cleaning it off my drive.

Glad some of you seen some nice snow!! That's a whole lot better than all of us seeing no snow at all.

Looks like the next fews days is gonna be a few clippers. It all adds up I guess.

Tony

That Google earth thing was funny :lol:

9.5 in Manheim. No thunder :(

At the moment, maybe 1 - 2" Saturday - a little more possible N & W.

Tuesday looks like it always does 5 days out.

Euro - Lakes cutter

GFS - Minor wave mostly OTS

BUT, Paul Knight in Weather World says neither. He likes the Canadian that has a decent low passing just south of PA.

Of course, all that info was from last night so it's probably completely different by now.

So - are we officially going with the "psuhazeltonwx" for Tuesday? We'll probably have to keep that for this thread only but I think that would be kind of a cool thing to start. Each of us gets a chance to have a named storm. All in?

Euro - Lakes cutter

BUT, Paul Knight in Weather World says neither. He likes the Canadian that has a decent low passing just south of PA.

Of course, all that info was from last night so it's probably completely different by now.

So - are we officially going with the "psuhazeltonwx" for Tuesday? We'll probably have to keep that for this thread only but I think that would be kind of a cool thing to start. Each of us gets a chance to have a named storm. All in?

Yep, Jamie called that yesterday....i think its a great idea.

Yep, Jamie called that yesterday....i think its a great idea.

Eh, I liked his own name "The Interior Strikes Back" better.:thumbsup:

I finished with just over 8". Had just over 5" last night and got to watch 2 young kids of mine come running in the house in a state of panic when a huge flash of lightening and a big rumble of thunder occurred. Pretty cool stuff.

For my area at least, not excited at all about snow prospects the next couple of days. I will not trust clippers to save my life. Anything we might get down here would be a real bonus out of those. I'm looking forward to next week now.

And Jon, sounds like you won your bet....

Eh, I liked his own name "The Interior Strikes Back" better.:thumbsup:

I finished with just over 8". Had just over 5" last night and got to watch 2 young kids of mine come running in the house in a state of panic when a huge flash of lightening and a big rumble of thunder occurred. Pretty cool stuff.

For my area at least, not excited at all about snow prospects the next couple of days. I will not trust clippers to save my life. Anything we might get down here would be a real bonus out of those. I'm looking forward to next week now.

And Jon, sounds like you won your bet....

I haven't even looked at next week yet, have no idea whats going on? I agree, i never expect much out of a clipper either.

Yes i did win the bet. Even though he tried to get out of it. His wife called and said she never saw him use a tape measure so much..he was walking around measuring..lol

I haven't even looked at next week yet, have no idea whats going on? I agree, i never expect much out of a clipper either.

Yes i did win the bet. Even though he tried to get out of it. His wife called and said she never saw him use a tape measure so much..he was walking around measuring..lol

There's some potential for next week. At this point, there could be something around mid week. Then it looks to get really cold, then perhaps something bigger beyond that?

Euro - Lakes cutter

That's what the 0z Euro has now. Sort of like last week's arctic wave.

Lakes cutters = :banned:

Wow, I just was looking at how much snow fell to our east last night. I was thinking up to 15" towards Philly, I've seen some reports of 18".

That area has just been on an unbelievable run the past 2 years. Last winter, PHL had 2 of their 3 biggest snows of all time in a 6 week period. They've now had 2 more storms this winter measuring over a foot already. And in a La Nina to boot!

Very impressive.

Euro - Lakes cutter

You must have just missed out on the thunder. I saw a few reports on Eric's website of loud thunder in Mt. Joy, and we had a big time flash and boom around 6:30 or so in Maytown.

What did the EURO look like? I can only see the 24hr segments. At hr120 it had precip spreading north and at hr144 it was gone.

Of course very little talk in the other subforum.

Pretty much plays out like last week's arctic wave did. Several inches of fluff.

So nobody wants the weekend clipper? The sauss? The maytown? The eskimo joe? They have pretty good rings to them.

Now I said I was swearing off CTP for awhile but...

THE SECOND SYS WILL BE

STRONGER AND ARRIVE BY EARLY SAT. THIS SYS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO

PRODUCE A MORE WIDESPREAD LGT TO PERHAPS MOD SNOWFALL WITH A

MORE SLY TRACK. UPPER JET DYNAMICS AND STRONGER WAA/ISENTROPICLIFT SHOULD COMPENSATE FOR LACK OF OVERALL MSTR.

00Z MDLS ARE IN DECENT AGREEMENT WITH EACH SYS WITH ONLY MINOR

TIMING/TRACK SPREADS BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL SOLUTIONS...MOST NOTABLY

WITH THE SECOND WAVE. GRIDDED SNOWFALL ENDING 12Z SUN RANGES FROM

2-5" ACRS THE NW MTNS AND LAUREL HIGHLANDS...1-3" IN THE CENTRAL

MTNS EWD INTO THE RIDGE AND VALLEY AREAS...AND 2" OR LESS OVR THE

LWR SUSQ VLY. THESE AMTS WERE DERIVED FROM APPLYING 12-15:1 LSR/S

TO 6HR HPC/MDL BLENDED QPF AND ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE INTERNAL

HPC WWD.

A sure thing? Bird in the hand worth two in the bush?

So nobody wants the weekend clipper? The sauss? The maytown? The eskimo joe? They have pretty good rings to them.

Now I said I was swearing off CTP for awhile but...

THE SECOND SYS WILL BE

STRONGER AND ARRIVE BY EARLY SAT. THIS SYS HAS THE POTENTIAL TO

PRODUCE A MORE WIDESPREAD LGT TO PERHAPS MOD SNOWFALL WITH A

MORE SLY TRACK. UPPER JET DYNAMICS AND STRONGER WAA/ISENTROPICLIFT SHOULD COMPENSATE FOR LACK OF OVERALL MSTR.

00Z MDLS ARE IN DECENT AGREEMENT WITH EACH SYS WITH ONLY MINOR

TIMING/TRACK SPREADS BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL SOLUTIONS...MOST NOTABLY

WITH THE SECOND WAVE. GRIDDED SNOWFALL ENDING 12Z SUN RANGES FROM

2-5" ACRS THE NW MTNS AND LAUREL HIGHLANDS...1-3" IN THE CENTRAL

MTNS EWD INTO THE RIDGE AND VALLEY AREAS...AND 2" OR LESS OVR THE

LWR SUSQ VLY. THESE AMTS WERE DERIVED FROM APPLYING 12-15:1 LSR/S

TO 6HR HPC/MDL BLENDED QPF AND ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE INTERNAL

HPC WWD.

A sure thing? Bird in the hand worth two in the bush?

Nope. Not buying it at all. Burnt WAY too many times waiting for clipper snows to cross the moutains and then watch them die. Could we get a little? Sure, but I'm not holding my breath on this one...

Nope. Not buying it at all. Burnt WAY too many times waiting for clipper snows to cross the moutains and then watch them die. Could we get a little? Sure, but I'm not holding my breath on this one...

They typically don't do much east of I-99. Tues-Wed is the next threat for you guys.

Archived