joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January Thread Part III

Rick G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When a forecaster uses numbers as their ID, he or she does not want to let people know that they are at work and not at home. This is to reduce the chance of their house being burglarized.

Thanks for playing! Watch for another question tomorrow night at 9pm!

Gee I wasn't thinking of that.

Thanks

LOL>..ok average one year...and the last above average year was over half a decade ago...lol.

I won't deny you guys really have had a rough stretch up there, just like to keep the facts straight. We had some bad years down in Lebanon County as well. 02-03 was great, 03-04 was barely average, as was 04-05, then we had 4 winters in a row where we averaged well over 10" below normal.(a big deal when you only average about 34" a year)

Guys, check out this guy's snow piles:

http://www.americanw...post__p__382109

(DO NOT CLICK if you love north of I-80 and punch things when you see snow ... or if you live within 15 miles of IPT! )

haha I live north of I-80 and I absolutely love snow, I dont think I could even be sick of 200" of snow a year let alone think about punching something, haha maybe when I don't get snow :snowman: but I'm sure I'm the exception to the rule for "normal" people. BTW I just recieve my Northeast Snowstrorms books by Kocin and Uccellini today and all I can say is OMG I'm blown away, I love case studies!! If you guys don't have it its a MUST HAVE. I honestly hope he comes out with more books. Those pictures from the East coast where phenominal I can't wait to experience a winter of over 100" again.

haha I live north of I-80 and I absolutely love snow, I dont think I could even be sick of 200" of snow a year let alone think about punching something, haha maybe when I don't get snow :snowman: but I'm sure I'm the exception to the rule for "normal" people. BTW I just recieve my Northeast Snowstrorms books by Kocin and Uccellini today and all I can say is OMG I'm blown away, I love case studies!! If you guys don't have it its a MUST HAVE. I honestly hope he comes out with more books. Those pictures from the East coast where phenominal I can't wait to experience a winter of over 100" again.

:thumbsup:

Bought them from Paul Kocin himself at the Eastern Conference a few years ago. Great purchase.

thanks JST, I can only see the GFS and the CMC based on the psu e-wall, I should prob subscribe to the accupro site so I can see some of the more advanced stuff. Is there any other places I can see the Euro, I'm sure I have to pay

You can see the Euro on the plymouth state site (no qpf) and also http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts

Overrunning storms like this are often very good for central PA, so long as they don't end up cutting. The presence of a large high is certainly encouraging, as well as the cold flow and pattern from Canada. Hopefully this one works out and we don't see a very amplified flow develop to make this cut. The progressivity of the pattern overall though would suggest otherwise.

Overrunning storms like this are often very good for central PA, so long as they don't end up cutting. The presence of a large high is certainly encouraging, as well as the cold flow and pattern from Canada. Hopefully this one works out and we don't see a very amplified flow develop to make this cut. The progressivity of the pattern overall though would suggest otherwise.

i see you picked up 16.5 " in the last storm.

congrats.

you have seen a few big ones since you left state college :thumbsup:

Persistent light snow here the past hour or so. Most everything, including roads, now coated.

Psuhazelton storm still lurking. Nice to know I'll be burning a lot of hours the next few days reading models and posts.:P

And still think Jamie's answer to the "99" sign off thing was correct. Just saying.

One more thing, Weather World's Sure Bet for PA last night was for "measureable snow" at the majority of major PA stations 3 of the next 5 days.

Life is good.

Snow chances look good.

I am in a state of shock right now. Found out my niece passed from a heart attack, in her sleep. Sort of reeling a bit. She was 40.

Jamie

Sorry to hear that!! That has to be a real shocker. Condolences to you and your family.

Snow here this morning around 1" and light flurries.

I am in a state of shock right now. Found out my niece passed from a heart attack, in her sleep. Sort of reeling a bit. She was 40.

Tough deal right there. So young. Please accept my condolences.

Certainly puts things into perspective on just how fragile and precious life really is.

Archived