Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco VI

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about expectations for me. I don't expect 10" as shown but if I do end up getting that, it's all the better. I don't like to play the over-hype game like Kevin does with his 18-24"/12-18". I go low and move up from there.

I'd think 6-12 is the best call for you, probably Boston providence too...probably will and keV as well. But let's see what shakes

Seriously. All sorts of elements to consider and guidance doing a horrendous job on the details right now.

They totally whiffed on the stuff in E PA right now...they were way too far E with it. What that means for later? Not sure, but its probably more NW rather than the other way around.

I was just about to say we may be banging the RUC today. :lol:

The RUC brings that stuff up later this afternoon and then congeals it with the CCB as it nears us...its a monster hit. But the RUC is usually horrible outside of 6h, however, it has kept showing a good tick NW on the parts inside of 6h now that were outside of 6h a few runs ago. So we'll see if it has any merit.

The RUC did a pretty good job in the little fluff bomb we had a few days ago when the last second guidance backed off a bit...RUC said it was wrong and we'd see a big hit (relatively) over eastern areas and that's exactly what happened.

How can anyone vilify the NAM? In my opinion it has been pretty rock solid all winter.

It has jumped around and did so again at 06z. It may have been correct with a little convective low, but if that is weaker than depicted or the low forms further west near the coast, then all bets are off. The nrn stream kicker also probably has the biggest say out of anything with this. Those nrn and srn systems gave been battling it out. These srn systems are just notorious for coming nw..srn systems are known for that. Whether it happens remains to be seen, but already there are indications that it could be possible. Like Will said. nowcasting will be big today. 12z NAM should be interesting.

They totally whiffed on the stuff in E PA right now...they were way too far E with it. What that means for later? Not sure, but its probably more NW rather than the other way around.

not if that kicker is strong (Osu) and just pushes stuff out as it comes out. probably more of a concern for me than sne though. Thanks for the answer on why no phasing.

It has jumped around and did so again at 06z. It may have been correct with a little convective low, but if that is weaker than depicted or the low forms further west near the coast, then all bets are off. The nrn stream kicker also probably has the biggest say out of anything with this. Those nrn and srn systems gave been battling it out. These srn systems are just notorious for coming nw..srn systems are known for that. Whether it happens remains to be seen, but already there are indications that is could be possible. Like Will said. nowcasting will be big today. 12z NAM should be interesting.

I appreciate those thoughts. Let's await the 12Z suite before picking winners and losers. We are obviously in a state of flux. I just was reacting to the posts from late last night before the Euro came out that the NAM was garbage when in fact it is most quickly diagnosing key shifts...whether or not that means it best predicts the outcome remains to be seen.

Archived