bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco VI

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little perplexed looking at the radar right now..The NAM and GFS show the first area of precip going off the coast and barely touching southern NJ area before 12Z, not even reaching NYC, but it looks much further north than that..It really looks nothing like the models. What is going on? Is the first low further north?

OT but the landscape looked awesome this AM from the freezing fog overnight.

Agreed, Bob. I was thinking the same thing. Good snow sky. I'd love to have a pleasant surprise from this. I've had my expectations really in check for the last 48-60 hours. The approx 3" total on the NWS map is what I had resigned myself too, so anything north of that will be a bonus.

craig allen just noted that a piece of energy with associated moisture has broken off the storm early and has raced up the coast...............snow now flying in nyc metro, looks to be about 30 min away here, break then the regular scheduled storm starts tonight, love suprises!!

Agreed, Bob. I was thinking the same thing. Good snow sky. I'd love to have a pleasant surprise from this. I've had my expectations really in check for the last 48-60 hours. The approx 3" total on the NWS map is what I had resigned myself too, so anything north of that will be a bonus.

I haven't wavered from my 6" call so it's all good. 40 minutes till the last run of models for this event.

12*. If ever there was a snow sky this morning's is it. Hey MPM, 22news had you in the 4 -8" range. Look foe us to catch a little more than you think. Have fun guys, great day to be ouitside watching the sky.

I saw their map and kind of chuckled. NWS suggests I could eek out a 4, though I'm closer to 3".

Anyway--time to just let it play out. Just canceled my meeting in NYC. My brother just said he heard up to 10" there. I don't know where that was said.

It's all about expectations for me. I don't expect 10" as shown but if I do end up getting that, it's all the better. I don't like to play the over-hype game like Kevin does with his 18-24"/12-18". I go low and move up from there.

Very smart....I've done that all my life. Set the bar low, that way you always overperform! I'm going to give that one to my kids...

By my untrained eye, I'd say the 00z NAM and GFS missed this early batch of snow. They didn't bring any precep in here until dark. Looks to me like it starts snowing here by noon at the latest.

We'll see. Either way, looks like the bullseye for our area

It's all about expectations for me. I don't expect 10" as shown but if I do end up getting that, it's all the better. I don't like to play the over-hype game like Kevin does with his 18-24"/12-18". I go low and move up from there.

That is the way to go, Credibility is better that way......

Very smart....I've done that all my life. Set the bar low, that way you always overperform! I'm going to give that one to my kids...

By my untrained eye, I'd say the 00z NAM and GFS missed this early batch of snow. They didn't bring any precep in here until dark. Looks to me like it starts snowing here by noon at the latest.

We'll see. Either way, looks like the bullseye for our area

My gut tells me the Foxboro/Sharon area back into NW RI jackpot due to elevation and being just a little farther inland, thus colder.

Archived