Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco VI

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: He really must be regretting holding the line for a foot. Tomorrow AM his radio forecast will still be calling for a foot!

I was going to try to tune in but it just sounded like a bitchfest and I've learned this year..well bad move as he's finding out tonight.

I wonder what Noyes is thinking right now...

He's probably trying to get the Delorean fired up so he can go back in time to 8pm tonight.

Feel bad for the guy, could see he was really sticking to his guns but at the same time knew his odds were fading.

I have friends and family that I am going to have to answer to....:lol:

I was telling folks at work to ignore the mets on TV....there were like "ok, you are usually more accurate than they are, so"....:arrowhead: :arrowhead:

Sorry Ray. This is probably a bigger blow to you and Will than anyone. At least off to the NW, we had no reason to expect more than 8" at the very most.

Hey, like all adversity...it has facilitated growth and I'll be better for it.

Scott, we have our diffs, but you are an absolute asset to this forum.

Keep up the good work and I hope you and Phil make naked snow angels.

If someone sees Will ask him if he thinks the split moisture will make a difference at this latitude? I hope he's alright...odd for him to vanish esp. as we rolled through this minefield of horrors tonight.

I'm going to bed with the idea of 4-8/6-12 here but I'm also mindful of the meso models that totally whiff the area.

I know Will and he isn't one to dodge anyone.....I'm sure he will congratulate you once he is online.

He prob had plans.

Conventional wisdom, which has worked well in past storms this year, is that there will be a secondary max significantly northwest of where the heavier precip is modeled. Any reason to think that won't happen in this case?

Yea, I could see someone like Will and I getting stuck under a band and grabbing 6-8"...like Mike suggested.

Hey, like all adversity...it has facilitated growth and I'll be better for it.

Scott, we have our diffs, but you are an absolute asset to this forum.

Keep up the good work and I hope you and Phil make naked snow angels.

Ray I tihnk you've mostly got me figured out. I ask a lot of questions when I'm unsure of my own position/figure I'm missing something. OSU and Scott have been huge all day providing information. Will did answer on the meso v global deal too so I better understand why that argument was being made.

The thing tonight asking about specific instances of feedback, IE, where is it by the book and nobody stepped up to point it out....maybe telling because as OSU pointed out there wasn't textbook feedback. I should know, a bunch of times early in the year I thought that was the problem and was wrong.

One of the reasons I was pretty sure on the moisture split soon as I saw the s/w were real coming up the coast last night....I specifically remember 2 or 3 instances over the years when you and I sat there watching the water vapor look like crap as some poorly modeled feature on the ETA/models stole the moisture. The NAM seems to be able to sniff these out pretty well right now, just like it was able to pin the tiny spin that became the last blizzard.

It's messed at times, but it had the right idea.

Ray I tihnk you've mostly got me figured out. I ask a lot of questions when I'm unsure of my own position/figure I'm missing something. OSU and Scott have been huge all day providing information. Will did answer on the meso v global deal too so I better understand why that argument was being made.

The thing tonight asking about specific instances of feedback, IE, where is it by the book and nobody stepped up to point it out....maybe telling because as OSU pointed out there wasn't textbook feedback. I should know, a bunch of times early in the year I thought that was the problem and was wrong.

One of the reasons I was pretty sure on the moisture split soon as I saw the s/w were real coming up the coast last night....I specifically remember 2 or 3 instances over the years when you and I sat there watching the water vapor look like crap as some poorly modeled feature on the ETA/models stole the moisture. The NAM seems to be able to sniff these out pretty well right now, just like it was able to pin the tiny spin that became the last blizzard.

It's messed at times, but it had the right idea.

See, everyone is going to be wrong from time to time....it's what makes us human, but being wrong doesn't deem you reprehensible as long as can demonstrate that your position was supported by sound logic and Will did that.....I also did to a lesser extent.

I don't have the met knowledge base to do so as extensively as he and some others have.

See, everyone is going to be wrong from time to time....it's what makes us human, but being wrong doesn't deem you reprehensible as long as can demonstrate that your position was supported by sound logic and Will did that.....I also did to a lesser extent.

I don't have the met knowledge base to do so as extensively as he and some others have.

My thought was an extreme solution which for this winter was inside or well outside. Inside gradually went away, and we're running around the BM track which for this year is extreme/outside. I hope that's it...

No being wrong is NBD...the best of the best are probably significantly right less than 60% of the time IMO.

Ray I dont think this is done yet, the GFS trot fast is suspicious to me etc....lets see how it looks at dawn.

My thought was an extreme solution which for this winter was inside or well outside. Inside gradually went away, and we're running around the BM track which for this year is extreme/outside. I hope that's it...

No being wrong is NBD...the best of the best are probably significantly right less than 60% of the time IMO.

Ray I dont think this is done yet, the GFS trot fast is suspicious to me etc....lets see how it looks at dawn.

Yep, in addition to supporting your assertions with logic, being able to own up to it is also a necessity.

Archived