Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco VI

ConvectiveSolutions

Freaking Hilarious!

Not a peep out of Will tonight, hope he's alright.

The split system is a real bugger. The NAM is a goofy model, it gets to its solution in crazy abstract ways, but it had the right idea for 2 days and got CRUCIFIED by so many.

Is Matt Noyes bashing the Euro now too?

To be fair, you have killed the NAM as often as anyone.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been taken down a number of times this winter. I was certainly rooting for it this time, but I don't think it's so mighty anymore.

Yes it has, all models have had their very bad times. That's why I didn't get the Euro support crowd when the meso models were more likely to pick up on critical features.

Barry Burbank absolutely NAILED this storm. Congrats to him

yes and he hoisted the euro by it's sack. He referred to it and it alone in saying he just didn't see it turning the corner like was modeled. 30+ years of these events, he didn't need the forum, all our high tech tools...just a simple 500mb map and all that experience.

The Euro started with a cutter to ALB a week ago and has been slowly falling apart ever since - in stops and starts.

We were commenting on the Upstate thread that today's 7 day prog. has a low to western NY. That will probably end up near the SNE Benchmark by the time we get there. LOL

he

It gives me about 3.5" of snow....just like the GFS.

BDR, on 26 January 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:Total QPF through 48hr is paltry. Worse than the GFS. :axe:

North and West CT is 0.25-0.5 QPF, points south are 0.5-0.75 , extreme SE CT is 0.75-1.0.

BOS is 0.5-0.75. 0.75-1.0 on the Cape.

HA! that's a great storm down here....you guys are spoiled!

Your right, its not like the whole shebang went out to sea with nary a flake.

And this is why I never move off my4-8 until day of event it allows me to adjust up or down if need be ,atleast this is what I will tell the plowers in the morning.The question is will i be close to 4 or 8.I pay close attention to messanger and his mapping abilities, early on he mentioned multiple lows and imediately came to mind a ragged disorganized mess. or what we like to call a raggady annie storm

This is just too weird.. If all plays out, wasnt it the goofus that was first to id the ots trend a couple of days ago when we all bashed it and said its on crack, and DT called it the worst model ever, etc, etc?

It was the NAM that first indicated a day or so ago that we'd see a big moisture split off the Carolinas. As it came into focus the RGEM jumped on board and eventually the GGEM too. By this morning it was only the UK and EURO that were stiill hanging on, but the Euro had backed down from the HECS from last night. The NAM has moved around some, but it's been steadfast in this being a storm for SNE. The Meso's appear to have done pretty well based on all this, the globals lost so far.

The NAM had the right idea, but not always the right expression of the idea.....in the end drying, multiple s/w's and therefore an elongated low.

I said that I reserved the right to ammend my fisrt call of 8-16", after the 00z EURO;

Final call: 2-5".

Phil, Ek and Messenger were right...I was 110% wrong.

Climo FTW.....should have stuck to my initial gut.

3' snowpacks just do not happen, here.

I still think you can get 6-8.

I said that I reserved the right to ammend my fisrt call of 8-16", after the 00z EURO;

Final call: 2-5".

Phil, Ek and Messenger were right...I was 110% wrong.

Climo FTW.....should have stuck to my initial gut.

3' snowpacks just do not happen, here.

I was even worse... I was bashing on Burbank pretty badly and it turned out the man nailed the storm. 5-8 on the Euro now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this even drop down to 3-6 in the city into MBY

I was even worse... I was bashing on Burbank pretty badly and it turned out the man nailed the storm. 5-8 on the Euro now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this even drop down to 3-6 in the city into MBY

You really do need to chill with your pounding of him....even if he didn't nail it.

Archived