• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Total Snowfall since December 2009 (last 13 mos)

ChescoWx

Just thought it might be interesting to put this incredibly wintery run in perspective and see some totals against normals for areas within this thread. Most folks living within this thread area probably average somewhere between 20" to 60" of snow in a normal season.

How much have you recorded in just the last 13 or 12 months? Thanks!

I 'll start

Here in the NW Philly burbs (Chester County) we average around 35" of snow in a normal season

In the last 13mos I have recorded 109.2" of snow

In the last 12 mos I have recorded 88.0" of snow

Just an amazing run of snow in the Philly and NYC areas!

I have been one lucky guy. Last winter I lived in Philly, where we were absolutely CRUSHED, more snow there than any of the other big cities I believe, even BWI. Then move to NYC, where we have the hottest summer ever, reach 103, third warmest day in NYC history. And now NYC is the bullseye for this winter's storms. Hellzzz yea.

The cold can go **** itself though.

as of yesterday NYC had 73" since February 2010...I don't know how much they got today or what it will get tomorrow but if it exceeds 2.6" it will be the snowiest 12 month period on record...beating the April 95-96 period...

NYC got 1" today...That brings the total since 2/1/2010 to 74.0"...Only 1.7" needed tomorrow for the record...

114" here in Red Bank, NJ. 72" last winter and 42" this winter to date.

Very similar numbers for my location in Colts Neck, about 6-7 miles to your SW.

72" last winter and 38.5" so far this winter, giving me 110.5".

5 major 12"+ storms, 1 of those a 20"+ event, and the other, 25". Remarkable stretch of weather for us b/t the record summer heat, and record snows of the last two winters.

Archived