joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tuesday freshen the pack snow

Ginx snewx

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't ready for anything today so the measurements are weird. Pavement and snowpack and exposed grass (from shoveling it out) all yield different things. I think I'm gonna call this about 3" and move on which seems to be the lower end of the general idea around my area, too.

MOdels had that area pegged for a potential of a few inches. I think there was some contribution to moisture from the ocean to the south. Not necessarily OES, but higher TD air advected over the arctic dome helped dump a bit more snow there. We've seen it before. Nice LLJ too.

Not here - OXK AFD earlier:

QUICK UPDATE TO INCREASE SNOW AMOUNTS ACROSS THE AREA BASED ON

RADAR. MODELS DID NOT CAPTURE THIS WELL AND PRECIP IS FALLING

FURTHER SOUTH THAN ORIGINALLY ANTICIPATED. HAVE RECEIVED A FEW

REPORTS OF 1-2 INCHES ACROSS WESTERN ZONES. MAIN BAND EXTENDS FROM

NEW HAVEN COUNTY BACK THROUGH CENTRAL NJ. THINK ANOTHER

INCH...POSSIBLY UP TO 2 BEFORE TAPERING OFF LATER THIS MORNING.

TOTALS WHERE THE BAND IS HEAVIEST WILL RANGE FROM THE 2-3 INCH

RANGE...BUT THERE COULD BE ISOLD AMOUNTS OF 3-4 INCHES. NOT ENOUGH

TO WARRANT AN ADVISORY...SO WILL CONTINUE WITH SPS.

2.5 final here in springfield..pleasant surprise..very worried about next storm though.

total for the season up to 38.7 inches with an average snowdepth of 17 to 18 inches in the back yard. 33.2 inches for Jan!!

It is unreal how southern ct got popped again today..just amazing down that way this year!!

that this event over preformed is not at all surprising..warmer air over that incredible arcitic air..i figured one to two inches yesterday morning. I do not feel so confident about the next event however.

2.4 " but measured at 5:30 pm , well after the snow ended and it flirted with freezing late in the day. Nonetheless, up to the average normal snowfall for a season around 36". Tomorrow night looks to bring 8-12" of sleet and cement snow. Already have a 9 foot pile off my deck that I plan to hollow out on Saturday to make a snow hut for my 3 year old. Winter was a B, about to be a B+ or A- depending on tomorrow night.

2.4 " but measured at 5:30 pm , well after the snow ended and it flirted with freezing late in the day. Nonetheless, up to the average normal snowfall for a season around 36". Tomorrow night looks to bring 8-12" of sleet and cement snow. Already have a 9 foot pile off my deck that I plan to hollow out on Saturday to make a snow hut for my 3 year old. Winter was a B, about to be a B+ or A- depending on tomorrow night.

Box and OKx need to update their PNS, late reports missing

finally got out tonight for my daily winter walk after 4 days off due to the brutal cold.

i must say the snowpack is absoultey shimmering tonight, with light flakes in the air falling down from an essentially a cloudless sky.

kids were sledding, dogs were walking, people were talking.....just nice to get out now that it is above zero, u could tell everyone was going stir crazy there.

Yer whippin' my azz, Youk.

LOL - Probably a 1/25 year chance of this happening, but so far an epic year for the south.

I got in some great snow growth about 930, roads were a disaster..

My wife said the roads were horrible at that time, which was right when the 90 minute school delay ended. Probably the worst time to be on the roads. Might have been safer to have the kids go in at the normal time, when the snow wasn't falling quite as heavy.

Archived