Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just sharing a JB 3pm update. He is surrending his higher snow totals for C PA now in State College to Scranton saying he will be too high in those areas. Still thinks a nice thump 6-10 for most.

I'm surprised he gave up on that 6 inch prediction in especially State College now at this point.. given the radar. I think 3 or 4 can be pretty easilly attainable in State College and the snow shield looks like its gonna have a good run at Scranton too. But man you folks towards Harrisburg and east.. its going a be a major thumping soon.

I'm surprised he gave up on that 6 inch prediction in especially State College now at this point.. given the radar. I think 3 or 4 can be pretty easilly attainable in State College and the snow shield looks like its gonna have a good run at Scranton too. But man you folks towards Harrisburg and east.. its going a be a major thumping soon.

Good news..

At least when i get home i can see a radar, but by then i'll be out playing in it ..

I haven't paid them any attention - is the NYC area gonna get shafted by this storm?

I don't know about them, but I thought I'd be sharing misery with fellow Central Pennsylvanians, but much to my surprise most of you are going to do quite well. That's a good thing, but I wish it would translate to up here as well.

Altoona, PA. (KAOO) now reporting heavy snow and an indefinite sky. Indefinite skies indicate the sensors/observers are unable to tell where the cloud base is due to heavy precipitation.

Yea its putting it down good right now here in Bellwood, (northern Blair) i'm up to about 2.2 inches.

I don't know about them, but I thought I'd be sharing misery with fellow Central Pennsylvanians, but much to my surprise most of you are going to do quite well. That's a good thing, but I wish it would translate to up here as well.

Sorry, my friend. :( Maybe, somehow, this will surprise you. I hope so at least. :/

i feel for you guys up north...we were in the same boat...i'd take a driving rain storm if it meant snow for you guys.

Archived