joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I think:

--IPT on east still has a shot of some sorts (Whether that be 1% or 99%) of seeing a solid snowfall.

--The tight gradient remains irksome but from what I hear it may not wind up as tight.

--Last real concern is that some storms have seen a shift east within the last 24 hours (12/26 did) and of course if the gradient remains tight that could mean big changes in forecasts.

--Overall, I feel a little better than I did this afternoon.

00z NAM was a good hit for many of us in eastern regions but I think we see an even more westward trend tonight if the 500 mb of the NAM is any indicationSnowman.gif Discuss

Definitely..... inside 48 is this model's "good" range, so tomorrow's 12z should be very telling now that the players will be on the field. And don't forget that the GFS will have some recon data for 12z.

Guys we really don't want a westward trend. The 850 low is dangerously close to us right now, which means snow crystal growth would not be favorable for the type of dendrites that pile up really quickly. This run of the NAM is the best we can hope for, given the synoptic setup. The lack of a 50/50 low and strong (1030mb+) high worry me.

Archived