Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still have the recon plane to give it's details yet. I'd wait til then to make the final call to call it a bust or not

I'm not sure they actually got ingested. The status message doesn't say anything about them.

NOUS42 KWNO 251327
ADMNFD

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS CAMP SPRINGS MD
1321Z TUE JAN 25 2011
12Z RAOB RECAP...
MZL/76654 - 10159.
ACM/78866 - 10142.
NCC/78988 - 10142.
T11/91413 - SHORT TO 471MB.
EPZ/72364 - MISSING PART B
RIW/72672 - NOT AVAILABLE
CAR/72712 - NOT AVAILABLE
ASY/70414 - 10158.
CRITICAL WEATHER DAY WILL BE DECLARED LATER TODAY..
IN SUPPORT OF DHS REQUEST..STATE OF THE UNION..TO RUN FROM 17Z
TODAY UNTIL 26/0500Z..TONIGHT. NCEP..NCF AND TOC(GATEWAY) WILL BE
IN CWD MODE DURING THIS PERIOD LATER TODAY INTO TONIGHT. 
$$
NEWBY/SDM/NCO/NCEP

I made a thread over the in the NYC/PHL forum to hopefully get the attention of one of the Mt Holly guys for confirmation.

I'm done if it verifies. That's really all I can say. If we get shafted I hope next week onward is 70 and sunny with some t-storms mixed in.

I gotta agree. I know it's only January and that Feb-March are traditionally our snowiest months, but facts are facts. If you're getting burned 3, 4, 5 times in a row by the same type of ordeal -- then the only way in which that doesn't continue on is for the entire pattern to change and reset itself. It's almost as if we need a pattern-buster followed by a bit of a warm-up then a cool-down for anything to happen this year.

I'm done if it verifies. That's really all I can say. If we get shafted I hope next week onward is 70 and sunny with some t-storms mixed in.

I gotta agree. I know it's only January and that Feb-March are traditionally our snowiest months, but facts are facts. If you're getting burned 3, 4, 5 times in a row by the same type of ordeal -- then the only way in which that doesn't continue on is for the entire pattern to change and reset itself. It's almost as if we need a pattern-buster followed by a bit of a warm-up then a cool-down for anything to happen this year.

meh.

Last year at this time, there were all sorts of breathless, pained missives about how up here in true geographic central PA was never going to see significant snow and we might as well just end winter. Mets would say hang in there, we aren't done, and replies were along the lines of youdontunderstandmylifeisruinedwedontgetsnowdontyoutellmetocalmdownIwillyellhereallIlikebesidespeopletellmetoshutupatworkaboutit.

Oh, the pain!

Then we got double normal in February.

Which of course seemed to sort of anger a few people because after all, the most important thing is not getting a lot of snow but the complaining.

And if this angers anyone, save it. You know I am right.

meh.

Last year at this time, there were all sorts of breathless, pained missives about how up here in true geographic central PA was never going to see significant snow and we might as well just end winter. Mets would say hang in there, we aren't done, and replies were along the lines of youdontunderstandmylifeisruinedwedontgetsnowdontyoutellmetocalmdownIwillyellhereallIlikebesidespeopletellmetoshutupatworkaboutit.

Oh, the pain!

Which of course seemed to sort of anger a few people because after all, the most important thing is not getting a lot of snow but the complaining.

:lmao: this post just made my morning

meh.

Oh, the pain!

:wub: I love me some JamieO truthiness.

meh.

Oh, the pain!

You're absolutely right. I should've clarified I'm not that mad about being shafted by the NAM, I'm mad about wasting a lot of my time following the potential storm. Mad at myself, not the weather. :)

You're absolutely right. I should've clarified I'm not that mad about being shafted by the NAM, I'm mad about wasting a lot of my time following the potential storm. Mad at myself, not the weather. :)

Yeah.....we have all been there. This storm jerked us around - but of course it hasn't happened yet so maybe you guys cash in.

Same here. Plus the fact that all we heard for four days was that this would be NE and C PA's storm....only for it to just hit NJ and NYC again.

Yeah.....we have all been there. This storm jerked us around - but of course it hasn't happened yet so maybe you guys cash in.

If you remember last week I said I wouldn't get excited for this storm until Monday or Tuesday. I just screwed up and got excited yesterday a little bit - should've waited since the storm has been pushed back a day or so!

Here's to some better 12z models. And if we don't get snow, let's have a drinking party in Harrisburg! :)

Archived