Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys we really don't want a westward trend. The 850 low is dangerously close to us right now, which means snow crystal growth would not be favorable for the type of dendrites that pile up really quickly. This run of the NAM is the best we can hope for, given the synoptic setup. The lack of a 50/50 low and strong (1030mb+) high worry me.

Yeah but if you're in NEPA what else do you hope for? :arrowhead:

Guys we really don't want a westward trend. The 850 low is dangerously close to us right now, which means snow crystal growth would not be favorable for the type of dendrites that pile up really quickly. This run of the NAM is the best we can hope for, given the synoptic setup. The lack of a 50/50 low and strong (1030mb+) high worry me.

Interesting stuff. So really the best we can basically hope for is third 2-4" type storm (given the NAMs evolution I mean)? I was really hoping someone in the region (aside from maybe the guys way down at the border) could pull a 6-8" out of this.

Interesting stuff. So really the best we can basically hope for is third 2-4" type storm (given the NAMs evolution I mean)? I was really hoping someone in the region (aside from maybe the guys way down at the border) could pull a 6-8" out of this.

I wouldn't go higher than 3-5" with this storm. For Harrisburg/York/Lancaster....something just doesn't sit right with me right now. I can see this turning into a mostly rain event while State College cashes in. I really do hope I eat my words and we get 8 - 12" out of this.

I wouldn't go higher than 3-5" with this storm. For Harrisburg/York/Lancaster....something just doesn't sit right with me right now. I can see this turning into a mostly rain event while State College cashes in. I really do hope I eat my words and we get 8 - 12" out of this.

You think this eventually screws PHL and parts of Jersey then? Just curious, not saying I disagree! (Though I hope to hell you're wrong! haha)

You think this eventually screws PHL and parts of Jersey then? Just curious, not saying I disagree! (Though I hope to hell you're wrong! haha)

Yes, I'm thinking S NJ gets all rain and PHL is a slop mix, but mostly rain. I've been working on hw for grad school all day so I hope I'm just missing something here...old man winter make a fool outta me!

the maps are up in phl and look solid still.

ctp says it might snow now :weight_lift:

00Z RUN OF THE NAM HAS PUSHED RELATIVELY HEAVY

STORM TOTAL QPF OF 0.5-1.00 ACROSS OUR FAR SE ZONES...NEAR AND

JUST SE OF A LINE FROM KTHV TO KMDT AND KMUI. BASED ON THE

ANTICIPATED STORM TRACK AND 925-850 MB WET BULB TEMPS SLIGHTLY

BELOW ZERO...MOST OR ALL OF THIS PRECIP WILL FALL IN THE FORM OF

SNOW.

THEREFORE...WILL BEEF UP POTENTIAL SNOW AMOUNTS IN THE HWO -

INDICATING THE INCREASING CHC FOR MODERATE TO HVY SNOWFALL ACROSS

THE SE 1/3 TO OF THE CWA. ALONG A LINE FROM NEAR KAOO...TO KUNV

AND KIPT...STORM TOTALS SHOULD RANGE FROM 2 TO 4 INCHES. MID SHIFT

OR DAY SHIFT MAY DECIDE TO POST WATCHES FOR THE SE ZONES BASED ON

THE FULL SUITE OF U.S./EURO 00Z MODEL RUNS AND 03Z SREF.

Archived