Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys....what is the next threat for UNV...IPT..AVP and so on. Looking at most models it shows a very solid low position and no precip to speak of. Probably some kind of confluence...or the high eating away precip. What a hobby lol :drunk:

I'm sorry guys, I really am. The one bit of hope I can offer is that often this season the low has ticked a little NW at the very end stage for most of the other storms this winter. I was maybe a mile away from rain a few days ago when it was supposed to be all snow up to around 75 mile south of me. Also, the reduction in WAA precip on models like the GFS might be due to feedback errors, so there's probably more at least accumulating snow headed back toward I-81 at least. The GFS has performed particularly awfully this winter with the last couple of storms. But hopefully at some point soon we can revert to a 2003-04 type winter where the whole I-80 corridor from me west can prosper greatly from overrunning type snows and clippers.

You guys will get yours soon enough, it's climo after all. :(

I'm sorry guys, I really am. The one bit of hope I can offer is that often this season the low has ticked a little NW at the very end stage for most of the other storms this winter. I was maybe a mile away from rain a few days ago when it was supposed to be all snow up to around 75 mile south of me. Also, the reduction in WAA precip on models like the GFS might be due to feedback errors, so there's probably more at least accumulating snow headed back toward I-81 at least. The GFS has performed particularly awfully this winter with the last couple of storms. But hopefully at some point soon we can revert to a 2003-04 type winter where the whole I-80 corridor from me west can prosper greatly from overrunning type snows and clippers.

You guys will get yours soon enough, it's climo after all. :(

its hard to get big storms back here as you know from your days in state college.

03 / 04 was the winter i had 20+ inches on the ground (most from2-4 / 3-6 / 4-8 type storms) and alot of them..

was the winter we couldnt miss on snow...

but ever since then it has been :axe:

but......winter is not over yet!

Archived