• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

Timing wise, this event is going to cause headaches. No way my office closes for the day, and getting home at 5 p.m. through Harrisburg in a snowstorm isn't necessarily the best/easiest thing ever (those who have driven through the area on a normal day - imagine those drivers blindfolded and driving 1974 Fords with only 3 tires). ! :)

you summed it up nicely bro

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been a while since I've seen such a huge disparity in the forecasts for a storm 24 hours away. Local TV mets in the 3-6 range, JB just tweeted 8-14 for the i-81 Corridor in PA and some of the numbers I've seen in this forum are well above the "official" forecasts. NWS hasn't even issued an advisory yet. Crazy.

Such a swing though makes it seem almost impossible. I think that's what makes this whole thing exciting? You watch and watch and go through the motions and then when all seems lost, you get a run that looks great. Then you lose it all, and you're drained. lol.

My mom just texted me (Altoona) that WTAJ said 1-3, I just said "sounds good" and let her go. What do I know? lol.

I been aggressive for a good while now.

Euro has been rock solid on this for like 2 days now maybe more.

yeah i've been high on this event from last week....just a good overall set up to get CPA snow but the general public is looking at 3-6 inches tops and right now it's looking like more than that will fall.

Timing wise, this event is going to cause headaches. No way my office closes for the day, and getting home at 5 p.m. through Harrisburg in a snowstorm isn't necessarily the best/easiest thing ever (those who have driven through the area on a normal day - imagine those drivers blindfolded and driving 1974 Fords with only 3 tires). ! :)

I hear ya, pal. I'm taking off.

you summed it up nicely bro

LMAO no doubt.....traffic around H-burg makes you think there is a major city nearby. Bad driving.

Watches go to be coming soon. Updated point and click

Wednesday: Snow, mainly after 7am. High near 33. Calm wind becoming north between 4 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow, mainly before 10pm. Low around 23. North wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Honestly, i still think this has been a well advertised storm. People have been talking about for days. My daughter said the teachers and kids in school have been chatting it up. So its not like people are getting caught completely off gaurd. Having said that, yes, they soon should put watches or warnings up.

Archived