Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Weather World presented tonight by the lovely and talented Marisa Ferger.

6"+ Harrisburg south and east. Main concern was for mixing versus low QPF.

3 - 6" from Harrisburg to a Johnston, State College, Scranton line.

<3" far west, NW and north.

If you're interested in watching, click here

http://www.pcntv.com/pcnplus/

then scroll down using the far right bar until you get to Weather World.

man step away for a few hours and come back to the rgem and all i could think was Snowman.gif i think this is going to be one of those storms where totals keep increasing up until the storm and during the storm...just looking at the radar down south, this thing is going to overperform qpf wise imo.

You guys do realize that RGEM printout that was posted in here earlier is in millmeters right? I don't like to be Buzz Killington but the only places that are over an inch of QPF is towards the dc/philly region with more of a .5-.75 toward Harrisburg.

Boy I don't like that my area is probably in one of the biggest bust regions for this storm. Although most models support 6 plus for us seasonal trends have always played down that number this year and we end up with less than 6. I did like that the GFS ensembles came in further west at 18z.

well, it is JB's 15" vs NWS winter weather advisory no big deal of a wet snowstorm. :arrowhead:

From the Mid-Atlantic Thread

Just a quick note to everyone here. It is now within "Nowcasting" time--and it is worth watching trends and how this storm develops wrt the model guidance. Personally I think the NAM 18Z being a tad NW of the GFS is probably more realistic given the intensity of the PV max and the fact these defo bands typically end up farther displaced from the low level circulation.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived