joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late January Thread Part II

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,

Not to be a downer but all of the convective returns on radar look like they will pass east of Harrisburg and affect points further east out beyond Lancaster County and eastward from there.

Unless a pivot point begins to develop over us I'm not so sure we (Cumberland County) will see 6"+.

************On the other hand, CTP just upgraded us to a WSW for 5 to 7" of total snowfall with very intense rates upcoming shortly. Wonder what to make of it all???*******************

where in Central PA are you?

Just a hair East of the I78 I81 split in Fredericksburg.

Not going to turn this place into a snow woes thread but outside of last year this place as been sadly snow starved since PD2. The real kicker came with this event http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ctp/features/2009/02_04/index.php . Having to watch all the returns sprout out of thin air just to my South. That one was painful. yikes.png

Keep sending the pics and OBS in guys. drunk.gif

and also...if you pull up the still image of the national radar, it looks almost exactly like the wrf and hrrr were saying earlier today. still looking tasty for us down here in the se susky valley!!

How much snow do you recon we have right now? Also, where are you in York PA? I am in West Manchester Township close by the Stillmeadow Church.

Archived