joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We have a Dream MLK Disco Jan 18 Possible Wave on front

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a no win situation for this one for anywhere outside the elevations weaker its east and dry in the mountains and rain inland, Stronger low its west and rain inland with snow in the mountains

Hopefully we get a compromise track like the GFS for the sake of the NH/ME ski areas...VT still gets it good, but at least NH/ME would get a nice net gainer even if they gotta deal with a some rain initially.

A euro track would suck....but it's looking more likely.

Regardless, the synoptics of this system have never looked good except a small area in NNE...our ceiling for snow in SNE is probably a sloppy inch or so...perhaps the Tacnonics and the spine of the N Berks could get several inches of snow on the right track.

Hopefully we get a compromise track like the GFS for the sake of the NH/ME ski areas...VT still gets it good, but at least NH/ME would get a nice net gainer even if they gotta deal with a some rain initially.

A euro track would suck....but it's looking more likely.

Regardless, the synoptics of this system have never looked good except a small area in NNE...our ceiling for snow in SNE is probably a sloppy inch or so...perhaps the Tacnonics and the spine of the N Berks could get several inches of snow on the right track.

That is not what we want to see, That was a torch to the St Lawrence on the 0z

I am so confused.  I'm right in Central NH at 1100 feet and 6Z GFS gives me next to nothing and 12Z run brings in 2" or more qpf.  Is that rain/snow or both?  I absolutely don't know what will happen.

PS Just read the thread, glad I'm not the only one in the dark

The GFS giveth, and the GFS taketh away

Ride the Euro

That's an awful lot of rain for most of us.  Looks like GC might manage an inch or two on the back end, but never, ever bank on that.

28.0/23

After an inch of rain.... joy.      Hey, if it melts my walkway, then so be it.

This never had a real good look for snow for SNE. An inch would be high end

Ukie actually brings rain well into powderfreak country...drives the low right up the CT river valley in NNE. That's an ugly look. GGEM is more progressive and more like the GFS though not as deep so it doesn't dump that intense CCB snow that the GFS does.

It was just a comment about the model image verbatim. In that, Brian was snow, but not before some rain. That's all guys.

Some of these small nuances in timing and track will have much different outcomes in some of these areas but don't think we are done with where this ultimately ends up

Ukie actually brings rain well into powderfreak country...drives the low right up the CT river valley in NNE. That's an ugly look. GGEM is more progressive and more like the GFS though not as deep so it doesn't dump that intense CCB snow that the GFS does.

I knew this one was bad news from the get-go...haha. Tons of possibility of failure, very little chance of significant snow unless it literally threads the needle.

Take a Euro ENS track and that's what the outcome will be. It's not going up the river valley lol

We all know the drill..PF pretends he's worried, knowing full well he's got 12+ coming. We all rain again..end as snow..and look for some other storm to track over the next 10 days

lol if only it was that easy.

Lows do travel up the CT Valley from time to time. No blocking it could go anywhere. It could end up over BTV in another 24 hours. It's going negative and could get ripped pretty far inland.

Yeah you're right, there haven't been any amplified systems this year. That's why it hasn't rained at all.

LOL..what? Every single storm this winter has been overamped and too far west. They've ended up weaker, east . With no blocking it often rains to Maine. Raining has nothing to do with strength of systems

Enjoy your big snowstorm this weekend while the rest of the suckers get wet

LOL..what? Every single storm this winter has been overamped and too far west. They've ended up weaker, east . With no blocking it often rains to Maine. Raining has nothing to do with strength of systems

Enjoy your big snowstorm this weekend while the rest of the suckers get wet

Ok, well if they aren't amped but still rain to NNE with no blocking, why is this one any different? You are coming close to just making things up to fit your views ;)

The low isn't that strong to begin with. It's all upper level trough axis. It has nothing to do with it being a bomb of a storm. It's UL trough. The new GGEM is 1003mb over ORH. That's weak and still fairly west. It's all about the trough.

Archived