SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 30-February 2nd Wave Train

Chicago Storm

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll enjoy todays surprise, look forward to tomorrows interesting setup, then see how low we can go Tuesday night, Wednesday. 

After that I'll see what's up with this next potential.  In  the meantime I'll leave the default expectation set on rain as storm tracks up towards OH.  Who knows, by then I might be cheering a thaw.  I have a feeling one more week of unfinished customer work is going to start getting very stressful..   I might soon be turning into a cromartie torch-seeking troll.   :yikes:

Can make it to 60" at ORD by next weekend at this rate.

Sent from my SCH-I535

No kidding - was just doing the math in my head. This winter I am ahead of the 2007-2008 winter so far (really jumped up after the February 5-6th storm). Only 36.3" to date then. Not ahead of 2008-2009 yet though. There was 56.0" through the 25th of January.

Can make it to 60" at ORD by next weekend at this rate.

Sent from my SCH-I535

No kidding - was just doing the math in my head. This winter I am ahead of the 2007-2008 winter so far (really jumped up after the February 5-6th storm). Only 36.3" to date then. Not ahead of 2008-2009 yet though. There was 56.0" through the 25th of January.

And 08-09 really slowed down in February, which this winter looks highly unlikely to do. The only part of our area running behind in a relative sense is out toward RFD and even they're still 9" above normal so far and have had at least 2" OTG since 12/9. What a winter.

And 08-09 really slowed down in February, which this winter looks highly unlikely to do. The only part of our area running behind in a relative sense is out toward RFD and even they're still 9" above normal so far and have had at least 2" OTG since 12/9. What a winter.

You forgot about Toronto. Still, the cold is more than making up for the snow. I'm confident about February. Epic winter!

If Detroit can sneak than into the calendar month, it could really make January 2014 hard to ever top.

I'm still giving my personal edge to Dec 2000, but this month was close.

The one thing nice about Dec 2000 was not getting a melt down 5 days after the big storm and that Dec 2000 snow pack in Macomb. Oakland and Livingston Counties was awesome!! 

Still this January 2014 is a incredible too and IF we get a decent storm to end this month will overtake Dec 2000 for me.

If Detroit can sneak than into the calendar month, it could really make January 2014 hard to ever top.

I'm still giving my personal edge to Dec 2000, but this month was close.

The one thing nice about Dec 2000 was not getting a melt down 5 days after the big storm and that Dec 2000 snow pack in Macomb. Oakland and Livingston Counties was awesome!! 

Still this January 2014 is a incredible too and IF we get a decent storm to end this month will overtake Dec 2000 for me.

To me nothing beats the first 20 days of Jan 1999. SEMI had 30-40" in that span with no thaw

Archived