joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 2nd Wave Train

Chicago Storm

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get too detailed in a specific run of a model, but the mixing would probably come at the tail end of the event looking at the thermodynamic profile. It would be close from the middle part of the event and beyond.

Also just to clarify what you are talking about for others, mixing would mean sleet or freezing rain, this wouldn't go over to plain rain here. Temperatures remain 30 or below for the event, normally I wouldn't wish for a mixed event but something to put a lid on the blowing and drifting of the snow would be nice.

Im almost ready to agree with you...getting tired of the wind.

Nice having Joe optimistic this year. You've missed a lot!

Yeah he was a debbie the last couple winters but i guess in the end he somehow seen what us snow weenies didn't want to.   He's great just like you and many others here yet somehow he can vibe a meh situation and confidently run with it..       I expect nothing but good things for your area to continue just from his vibe given out in post not to metion his incredible forecasting ability.

OFF TOPIC- But holy cow  that storm  at hour 190+ on the Euro ... Oo

All 3 models have something around that time, the rich keep getting richer. Back in the fall when I mentioned this would be a hyper active winter like 07-08, I never envisioned this. This has been an incredible ride thus far.

Really don't want another ice storm. Dodged the bullet in the last one in. got to witness some incredible icing without losing power while 80% of the county I live in did lose power. Can't imagine I would get lucky like that again.

Almost forgot about the big ice storm (yuck) this winter..  You guys have had a truly epic start to winter. no doubt in my mind it doesn't go out like a lamb.   You guys have rocked out feb's and this one is gonna be hard not to in the end.

Almost forgot about the big ice storm (yuck) this winter..  You guys have had a truly epic start to winter. no doubt in my mind it doesn't go out like a lamb.   You guys have rocked out feb's and this one is gonna be hard not to in the end.

Yea it's been our winter here in michigan for sure. Appreciating it fully as these kinds of winters are few and far between

To clear it up a little, my posts have sucked lately. But, got some things going on in life that's dragging me down a bit. I apologize for bringing it into my posting. Moving on now...

Alas, storm train looks to get rolling. Probably a pattern that will confuse the models at times, so hang tight. But, it should give everyone some opportunities. I'd still rather be more north than south, but we'll see.  

To clear it up a little, my posts have sucked lately. But, got some things going on in life that's dragging me down a bit. I apologize for bringing it into my posting. Moving on now...

Alas, storm train looks to get rolling. Probably a pattern that will confuse the models at times, so hang tight. But, it should give everyone some opportunities. I'd still rather be more north than south, but we'll see.  

Very glad to see you back this AM.

But so sorry to hear about your real life drags, never fun and i hope they work out for the best  asap for all involved.  

You're a top notch and very knowledgeable poster no matter what life is dealing you and I always very  look forward to reading yours and everybody eles's  wx thoughts..   You're going to have lots of winter weather joy to come yet.

Very glad to see you back this AM.

But so sorry to hear about your real life drags, never fun and i hope they work out for the best  asap for all involved.  

You're a top notch and very knowledgeable poster no matter what life is dealing you and I always very  look forward to reading yours and everybody eles's  wx thoughts..   You're going to have lots of winter weather joy to come yet.

Can't say it better so i'll just quote it.

you're part of the life blood of the sub.... no worries! :wub:

I don't know most in here, but I do know that I enjoy your analysis (along with most everyone else's)...take care of yourself so you can keep it rolling brother

Appreciate it, Gilbertfly. :)

12z GFS is pretty nice for here, with the 1/30-31 system. It's an improvement over the 0z run, but still south of the Euro. Some northward corrections are likely with the GFS. Might be a kitchen sinker for LAF, in the end. Should be fun and interesting. 

Archived