• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Feb 8th-9th Do We Finally Get A Coastal?

dryslot

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A key here to remember guys is that the Euro hasn't been showing 3"+ QPF before this run. 

However, It has been consistently showing a bomb of some sort for 6 runs in a row.  (with at least 1-2" QPF)

The Euro is often wrong, but rarely consistently wrong.  I'm excited, but keeping expectations in check.

A key here to remember guys is that the Euro hasn't been showing 3"+ QPF before this run. 

However, It has been consistently showing a bomb of some sort for 6 runs in a row.  (with at least 1-2" QPF)

The Euro is often wrong, but rarely consistently wrong.  I'm excited, but keeping expectations in check.

Yeah its easy to look at the Euro and start thinking that is how the storm will play out...but that is the most extreme solution yet. I'd let this play out another 24 hours before getting too bullish.

I think we are getting to the point though where a warning event is pretty likely.

The subtropical mositure combined with that potent arctic high to the north is a really efficient combo for getting the most QPF out of this system as possible...nevermind the weenie Euro values from 12z...but even just a general 1-2" type qpf like what we see on the slightly tamer solutions.

Yeah its easy to look at the Euro and start thinking that is how the storm will play out...but that is the most extreme solution yet. I'd let this play out another 24 hours before getting too bullish.

I think we are getting to the point though where a warning event is pretty likely.

I strongly agree. At least, a warning-type event appears on the table for much of New England. Hopefully, of course, it will prove to be a memorable event.

I strongly agree. At least, a warning-type event appears on the table for much of New England. Hopefully, of course, it will prove to be a memorable event.

I would think a foot + is on the table at a minimum.  Even if there is a cut back, I would be shocked it cut back to 8"

The subtropical mositure combined with that potent arctic high to the north is a really efficient combo for getting the most QPF out of this system as possible...nevermind the weenie Euro values from 12z...but even just a general 1-2" type qpf like what we see on the slightly tamer solutions.

i.e. Feb 2003...that low wasnt particularly string but the STJ and the very strong high was enough to crush everyone - now if only we can get some cold air to drain down prior to the storm.

I would think a foot + is on the table at a minimum.  Even if there is a cut back, I would be shocked it cut back to 8"

you realize that this is still 3+ days away, don't you? We aren't 36 hours out. There is still plenty of time for this to wiggle around and produce much less snow. The 12z Euro is extreme and shouldn't be considered the baseline right now for where we start when/if there are cut backs.

Ekster is on board FTW

He's a :weenie:

These are the statements we need to be careful about. A foot plus minimum is a pretty high bar to set. There are a lot of potential QPF amounts on the table, but this is how we set ourselves up for disappointment.

Archived