Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next severe weather event April 26-29

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Fox news, and they're saying we dont' have as much to worry about in the Carolinas tonight, thanks to loss of heating. I feel for folks who listen to that.

Anyway, the GA storm is probably going to weaken, BUT the overall line is developing, so linear development and embedded tornadoes and high surface winds are going to arrive soon.

Tell that to the people in Alabama when that squall line went through early this morning. Loss of heating didn't seem to make much difference there. Storm in N Georgia developing a better hook again. 3" hail being estimated also.

Agree, I already let my buddies know that if I call them late tonight, they need to take cover. We may lose heating, but the atmosphere is primed for severe weather. It's "news" like that from Fox that make me face palm whenever I hear their weather crew.

It's not just them, I've heard some stuff from glen motherf'n burns this evening that makes me want to break my tv. For quite a while there he was saying there the tornado associated with our long track supercell could "drop *back* down at any time" when everyone else was saying it was on the ground, including channel 5 who said at the very same time it was a mile wide. You talk about frustrating.

Just watched Fox news, and they're saying we dont' have as much to worry about in the Carolinas tonight, thanks to loss of heating. I feel for folks who listen to that.

Anyway, the GA storm is probably going to weaken, BUT the overall line is developing, so linear development and embedded tornadoes and high surface winds are going to arrive soon.

Amen brother - I grow so tired of that idea...this is one case in which dynamics are to crazy to think it will all go away after dark. I just hope that the fatalities in GA are not due to people taking this lightly. We've had all day to see it coming (literally)...no excuse for not having a plan by now.

The circulation is going right up the spine of the apps in GA. Tracking across the Dawson/Gilmer Line which is 3,000 ft mountains. Hopefully it will tear it apart.

I wouldn't count on it. May 31, 1985 had a nearly mile wide F4 track for close to 100 miles through the Pennsylvania mountains, felling tens or hundreds of thousands of trees.

It's not just them, I've heard some stuff from glen motherf'n burns this evening that makes me want to break my tv. For quite a while there he was saying there the tornado associated with our long track supercell could "drop *back* down at any time" when everyone else was saying it was on the ground, including channel 5 who said at the very same time it was a mile wide. You talk about frustrating.

Btw, he said that at the same time arnold said it had a 210 knot couplet :arrowhead:

I sure pray that report is just made up garbage from some punk who wants attention and to cruelly screw with people.

KHTX doppler radar has been down since about 22Z (5 pm CDT).

All kinds of effects.

All three units at TVA's 3,274-megawatt Browns Ferry nuclear plant in Alabama tripped about 5:30 EDT (2230 GMT) after losing outside power to the plant, a spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Agency said.

A TVA spokeswoman said the plant's output had reduced power earlier due to transmission line damage from a line of severe storms that spawned a number of tornadoes as it moved through Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee.

The NRC spokesman said early information indicated the units shut normally and the plant's diesel generators started up to supply power for the plant's safety system.

Listening to the scanner on the iPhone, Catoosa County GA, Cherokee Valley road, multiple entrapments, multiple FAT... Subject laying on ground, possible amputation, units still trying to get into the area, having to cut there way in. This is just coming accross

Update: "at-least 3 ten-109's" at this location, not sure if it is the motel collapse, think it is based on radio traffic, 10-109's are deaths per code index

Dude.....settle down, would you have rather lived in Tuscaloosa? Storms ALWAYS weaken somewhat when they move into Georgia from Alabama....it's some type of weather law.

No, of course I don't want a tornado. But considering we are in a high risk and very unstable conditions, i'm just curious about why it weakened so much. I was hoping for at least some heavy rain.

Archived