• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Obs. Thread

mackerel_sky

Only 0.15" since midnight here, but the radar looks promising for later this afternoon. Unless the storms do what last nights did, and fall apart as they move north toward me.

hmm The rain seems to be having trouble moving into northern Randolph. Still hopeful, but this looks familiar.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rain to my south continues to slam into a brick wall, though it might be making a little progress.  EDIT: Oh, wait, it's actually backing south now.  :axe:

I have to wonder if today's high will be a record low maximum.  It looks like the high today (so far, anyways) was 77 at 11 AM and it has since cooled off a little.

The rain to my south continues to slam into a brick wall, though it might be making a little progress.  EDIT: Oh, wait, it's actually backing south now.  :axe:

I have to wonder if today's high will be a record low maximum.  It looks like the high today (so far, anyways) was 77 at 11 AM and it has since cooled off a little.

Looks like the big dry hole over Sanford and has finally filled in some.

The latest RAP looks encouraging for the precipitation shield edging slightly a bit further north.

Getting RAPped in the winter isn't bad enough.  Let's do it in the middle of summer, too.

And it did.  Totally fell apart.  My 0.15" daily total early this morning has ballooned to 0.17" currently.  That's about a .003" per hour rate. 

And it did.  Totally fell apart.  My 0.15" daily total early this morning has ballooned to 0.17" currently.  That's about a .003" per hour rate. 

You beat me, jburns.  I have garnered a whopping 0.00 inch of rainfall so far today.  Loads of rainfall just to my south and east.  And, boy, are the coastal regions of SC up to Columbia ever getting walloped with rainfall now?

Looking at current RADAR, they may want to rethink the forecast.

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 10pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 70. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

PIcked up 0.22" today.  Just SW of me hit the flood warning boxes.  High of 74.8 today.

I haven't seen 80+ degrees since 4:30pm last Thursday, over 4 days ago.  Running around 2.4 degrees below norm for July based on my interpolated data.

PIcked up 0.22" today.  Just SW of me hit the flood warning boxes.  High of 74.8 today.

I haven't seen 80+ degrees since 4:30pm last Thursday, over 4 days ago.  Running around 2.4 degrees below norm for July based on my interpolated data.

It has been an amazing July.  Running a neg departure of 3.4 for the month.  I'm good with it.  :)

Looking at current RADAR, they may want to rethink the forecast.

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 10pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 70. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Guess they looked at radar :D

A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

RAH sounds less promising than they did with their early AM discussion...

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
AS OF 1100 AM TUESDAY...

UPDATE...BREAKS IN THE CLOUDINESS ARE STARTING TO SHOW UP...WITH THE
VERY MOIST AIRMASS IN PLACE WITH THE PLUME OF 2.0 PRECIPITABLE WATER
MAINTAINING ITS GULF AND ATLANTIC FEEDS. DIURNAL HEATING WOULD BE
CONDUCIVE TO WIDESPREAD CONVECTIVE COVERAGE...IF...IF WE HAD SOME
MODEST LOW LEVEL FORCING/CONVERGENCE TO UTILIZE THE AVAILABLE
INSTABILITY. LOW LEVEL FLOW IS ONLY WEAKLY CONVERGENT EAST OF THE
AREA IN THE VICINITY OF THE COASTAL TROF. THE UPPER LOW HAS SETTLED
IN THE DELTA REGION AS EXPECTED...AND MID LEVEL DYNAMICS WILL BE
LESS ROBUST TODAY AS WELL. SHOULD SEE DECENT COVERAGE...BUT THE LACK
OF MID AND UPPER SUPPORT SUGGEST FEWER THUNDERSTORMS AND WILL THUS
ADJUST WEATEHR GRIDS TO REFLECT WORDING FAVORING SHOWERS. TEMPS ARE
ON TRACK TO REACH MID 80S...AND COULD SEE SOME UPPER 80S IN THE EAST
IF INSOLATION PERSISTS FOR AN HOUR OR TWO.

RAH sounds less promising than they did with their early AM discussion...

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

AS OF 1100 AM TUESDAY...

UPDATE...BREAKS IN THE CLOUDINESS ARE STARTING TO SHOW UP...WITH THE

VERY MOIST AIRMASS IN PLACE WITH THE PLUME OF 2.0 PRECIPITABLE WATER

MAINTAINING ITS GULF AND ATLANTIC FEEDS. DIURNAL HEATING WOULD BE

CONDUCIVE TO WIDESPREAD CONVECTIVE COVERAGE...IF...IF WE HAD SOME

MODEST LOW LEVEL FORCING/CONVERGENCE TO UTILIZE THE AVAILABLE

INSTABILITY. LOW LEVEL FLOW IS ONLY WEAKLY CONVERGENT EAST OF THE

AREA IN THE VICINITY OF THE COASTAL TROF. THE UPPER LOW HAS SETTLED

IN THE DELTA REGION AS EXPECTED...AND MID LEVEL DYNAMICS WILL BE

LESS ROBUST TODAY AS WELL. SHOULD SEE DECENT COVERAGE...BUT THE LACK

OF MID AND UPPER SUPPORT SUGGEST FEWER THUNDERSTORMS AND WILL THUS

ADJUST WEATEHR GRIDS TO REFLECT WORDING FAVORING SHOWERS. TEMPS ARE

ON TRACK TO REACH MID 80S...AND COULD SEE SOME UPPER 80S IN THE EAST

IF INSOLATION PERSISTS FOR AN HOUR OR TWO.

To those that haven't had much rain, this sounds like more of the same thing. It's really been feast or famine when it comes to rain this summer.

+1. Tired of this crap this Summer. I don't even look at the forecast anymore. This Summer has become so predictable.

I absolutely despise the hit and miss nature of summer storms. That's why summer is my least favorite season. More often than not you are missed instead of hit. There is no worse feeling than sitting high and dry while some place 5 miles away is getting drenched with 3 or 4" of rain. And when we have a 70-80% chance of storms I just have to laugh because I know with about 90% certainty that it won't rain.

Have to see if it'll produce. Didn't get much action yesterday. It was all in Durham.

I thought the radar looked pretty good up your way yesterday, for a while anyway.  You must have been right on the edge.  Things are looking pretty sparse right now.  We had a sprinkle earlier, but that's it so far.

Archived