e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interior SE MA and up to BOS is the best spot on this run...Cape has rain issues at the height of it.

This is going to have a huge conveyor belt of warm air. I would think it gets qpf pretty far west. I mean, a track se of the BM and the Cape may mix with rain. It could also shift west, as we are seeing the intricacies of the how the s/w interaction results in different solutions.

This is going to have a huge conveyor belt of warm air. I would think it gets qpf pretty far west. I mean, a track se of the BM and the Cape may mix with rain. It could also shift west, as we are seeing the intricacies of the how the s/w interaction results in different solutions.

Yeah we know the setup is pretty favorable for a big storm somewhere near the EC...but the devil is in the details.

This dude gets it... The big solace here is that there is such a spread in everything right now that I can't take this (or any solution) as anything close to the final word.

I still think we can get decent snow from this. The last few EC runs have been ridiculous for us so we shouldn't have been thinking 20-25" totals realistically anyway this far out.

I still think we can get decent snow from this. The last few EC runs have been ridiculous for us so we shouldn't have been thinking 20-25" totals realistically anyway this far out.

There is a 90 knot inflow feeding this storm wrapping in Gulf Stream moisture, expect QPF to be prolific and increase in coming days.

Probably. This is the only year in my memory living in this area where we had these cape storms stay all snow here. Hopefully if this goes near the cape, it stays all snow. Crazy.

If it's going to rain down here on a storm that goes SE of the benchmark..then I doubt BOS would stay all snow on a track near the cape.

Archived