• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

There is a 90 knot inflow feeding this storm wrapping in Gulf Stream moisture, expect QPF to be prolific and increase in coming days.

I generally agree. The past couple of runs were almost a perfect scenario for C NH so that's why I stated "buzzkill". Of course my pain is usually your gain and vice versa.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's going to rain down here on a storm that goes SE of the benchmark..then I doubt BOS would stay all snow on a track near the cape.

I"m telling you, we've stayed snow on tracks OVER the cape on the 2 HECS's we've had this year. So it's not impossible. And Wareham is probably all snow this run fwiw.

Yeah same here. Obviously for me...I like seeing these offshore tracks because it at least implies some snow regardless of what happens with respect to mixing issues. But id still think west is the way to lean right now.

you thinking west toward cape.... or track all the way thru ORH still in play.

Euro keeps drilling the cold into the long range like the rest of the guidance. Warm winter progs FTL.

Hey Jerry,

How much snow you have so far this winter? Has to be one of your best to date, no?

Scott,

You too? How much you have to date?

38.5" to date is up there for me probably in top 5 or 10...

Yeah same here. Obviously for me...I like seeing these offshore tracks because it at least implies some snow regardless of what happens with respect to mixing issues. But id still think west is the way to lean right now.

Im not so sure-- blocking is one thing that has been consistent this winter. And it looks like the models are sensing the presence of the next Arctic high behind this one, which is why the storm is being sent off the coast. That's been a common track this winter.

Each model run has shown a bigger and bigger block.

Hey Jerry,

How much snow you have so far this winter? Has to be one of your best to date, no?

Scott,

You too? How much you have to date?

38.5" to date is up there for me probably in top 5 or 10...

Close to 50-55 probably imby. 49.6 at BOS. It has been epic....deep snow everywhere and has been that way most of the time since 12/26.

I think the ideal track for most is right over ACK and then into the GOM. Not ackwaves obviously but for most others.

I would agree based on how the winter has unfolded thus far, but this storm looks a bit warmer in how its extending the 850's well NW of it's center, as opposed to the last 3 systems. I think a BM track would be best for your area. We'll see though..many changes ahead in the next 72 hours.

I would agree based on how the winter has unfolded thus far, but this storm looks a bit warmer in how its extending the 850's well NW of it's center, as opposed to the last 3 systems. I think a BM track would be best for your area. We'll see though..many changes ahead in the next 72 hours.

Yes. That's signaled on GFS as well.

No sidewalks to shovel either.

I did have to shovel the path from the drive to the door though. And a path to the woodpile. And a path to the generator. Then, I had to dig the completely covered generator.

Before that though, put on the snowshoes for a nice wlak through the fields, woods, and across the beaver pond.

18.4/7

Archived