e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT but weenies on the outer banks and even further west are getting spanked silly this afternoon. radar is rather impressive down there.

Crazy isn't it? Odd that in this particular pattern it's easier to make it snow in Hatteras next to the Gulf Stream than at Phil's house or mine :(

MDT SN at HSE.

--

I'm trying to figure out a way of keeping an archive here of each model run. I think what I'm going to do is create full sized animations, and just add the new full runs each 12 hours. That way we will have a 4-7 day progression of solutions for a particular event. What makes it a little hard is that timing changes always occur, so focusing say on 12z Thursday won't work because the models may move the solution up and we'll be comparing sunny skies to a GC blizzard. With no limitation on upload space beyond individual file size, I think we should take advantage of the space and keep the archive here. Hopefully others will keep/download them so that in the event - hope it never happens- of an euswx type implosion we don't lose so much good stuff.

Majority NW of the OP?

Yes.

The concern with this system is going to be more precip type and temps rather than it going out to sea IMHO. We are seeing some pretty amped up solutions that would change us over to rain...even those of us in the elevated interior.

Yes.

The concern with this system is going to be more precip type and temps rather than it going out to sea IMHO. We are seeing some pretty amped up solutions that would change us over to rain...even those of us in the elevated interior.

Just a function of what gets wrapped in by such an intense sysytem not so much track? Not acceptable. I'll say this one hits the sweet spot.

Just a function of what gets wrapped in by such an intense sysytem not so much track? Not acceptable. I'll say this one hits the sweet spot.

Well the track is a concern...but its the track too far W rather than worrying about a whiff out to sea. Some of these are tracking the sfc low over your head which sucks for of all of us....and some may track it a bit further east but really wrap in a lot of mid-level warmth.

I still would feel pretty good, especially in the interior, but there is plenty of reason to be concerned as well. In storms like 1/12 and 12/26, ptype was never a concern unless you were in far SE MA or S RI. Its different this time around I think.

Well the track is a concern...but its the track too far W rather than worrying about a whiff out to sea. Some of these are tracking the sfc low over your head which sucks for of all of us....and some may track it a bit further east but really wrap in a lot of mid-level warmth.

I still would feel pretty good, especially in the interior, but there is plenty of reason to be concerned as well. In storms like 1/12 and 12/26, ptype was never a concern unless you were in far SE MA or S RI. Its different this time around I think.

Climo asserting itself?

I think this will ride a rail right off CC. I'm going to look for the EURO to be the winner with this storm. Is it me or has it been the model that has shown this event most consistently and for the longest time?

Archived