• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 26-27 Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

I agree with Phil, that I'm not entirely sold on the tasty solutions of the ensembles given this pattern may be something where the euro handles the synoptics better. However, the ensembles have been rather consistent for a day or so now...so that is something to take into account, esp the euro ensembles.

I'd feel pretty good if I were Will and Pete..up through srn NH. I can see why they would be optimistic. The arctic airmass will help, but I hate retreating highs for my area....hate them. If we can get the vortmax to keep chugging east and stop digging and going negative tilt before New Orleans, then that would help out areas further east for sure...despite the retreating high. This high is still over 1030mb and had a nice ridging arc into New England.

Yeah if this energy is going to dig to the miss. Delta I'd like to be logan11 right now.

Obviously areas further east (MRG orh etc.) would be in the game but meh. Lol

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand this glitch in the configuration of the board that percludes the quoting of posts from closed threads; not sure why that is.

Anyway, I can't even comprehend the ramifications of what I am leaning towards so I won't event say it.

I'll just wait for a mainly rain event to derail that because climo should step in and intervene at some point.

Do not know why that thread was locked anyway, that is a pattern thread this is a storm thread.

I can't stand this glitch in the configuration of the board that percludes the quoting of posts from closed threads; not sure why that is.

Anyway, I can't even comprehend the ramifications of what I am leaning towards so I won't event say it.

I'll just wait for a mainly rain event to derail that because climo should step in and intervene at some point.

I think there's a decent chc you'd make out ok...net gain or neutral at least...with even some of the more craptastic solutions out there right now...especially if they proved slightly too amped up.

I think there's a decent chc you'd make out ok...net gain or neutral at least...with even some of the more craptastic solutions out there right now...especially if they proved slightly too amped up.

I agree, but even "breaking even" isn't really breaking even because under those curcumstances, you transform a pristine winter landscape into something resembling the bottom of a toilet bowl after a heavy bout of rhea.....keep it.

I'm all in.

I can't stand this glitch in the configuration of the board that precludes the quoting of posts from closed threads; not sure why that is.

it doesnt even matter at this point.....even if you go snow to mix, you have a great pack and a ton of water content.....so you are in fine shape for the rest of the season to make a run at 'ramifications'.....even if its not this one, there will be another one, no torch in sight.

the snowiest part of the year is still to come, so you should prepare yourself......buy a ladder?

I agree with Phil, that I'm not entirely sold on the tasty solutions of the ensembles given this pattern may be something where the euro handles the synoptics better. However, the ensembles have been rather consistent for a day or so now...so that is something to take into account, esp the euro ensembles.

I'd feel pretty good if I were Will and Pete..up through srn NH. I can see why they would be optimistic. The arctic airmass will help, but I hate retreating highs for my area....hate them. If we can get the vortmax to keep chugging east and stop digging and going negative tilt before New Orleans, then that would help out areas further east for sure...despite the retreating high. This high is still over 1030mb and had a nice ridging arc into New England.

Problem for even Will and I with a track this far west is the dry slot. Could end up being a snowfall distribution similar to Boxing Day.

There may be 7 or so solutions out of the 51 members of the euro suite that have a solution even deeper than the euro op. Good to see I guess.

We saw a similar ratio with respect to the Boxing day event at this stage....I remember Gibbs divulging that detail; everything ended up ots shortly thereafter, only to come back a tic too far west at the last second.

I feel pretty good

SNE has to hope that a Miller B wins the day. If it does then I have no doubt you all get deconstructed again while I get another run of the mill event. If the Miller A truly does come up as the dominant low then I totally believe the close hugger or coastal plain scraping track. Either way most of SNE would get a major dump, but the latter would probably dry slot eventually or end as some mix.

What do I objectively think should happen....follow the ens, young man.

What would climo dictate at this point....clear the storm drains.

Tough dilemma.

Archived