12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NNE Thread

mreaves

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lightning frequency is simply shocking. Five flashes in the last minute! I'm in awe. House rumbling thunder. Temp shot up a degree to 33... This is weenie-frying lightning!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but this is exciting.

What is your precip type with the thunderstorms? Looking forward to next couple of hours as they come through

Lightning frequency is simply shocking. Five flashes in the last minute! I'm in awe. House rumbling thunder. Temp shot up a degree to 33... This is weenie-frying lightning!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry if I'm being annoying, but this is exciting.

Been trying to get a picture, but it changed to heavy sleet, 33.6* and now changing to sg

Wonder as the surface low starts bombing out to our SE if the heights will start crashing so as the Thunderstorm line gets to C NH things go over to snow in a hurry. Im tired but got to stay up to see what happens especially if Rutland has gone to snow.

I'll go to snow before Rutland.... 500 feet higher, and to the west. The report has to be wrong.

LOL!! Correction... back to 100% snow. Moderate. This has been a very cool event. Changeover comes quick, guys!

We left south Burlington right around 7:30 P.M. and as I walked outside I noticed that the intensity of the snowfall had decreased. The actual amount of liquid coming down may have been similar to what we’d be seeing before, but I quickly noticed that the flakes were becoming more granular in nature. There wasn’t any sleet that I could detect, but the granular flakes were clearly denser than the huge flakes that had been falling previously. An amalgam of big wet flakes and granular flakes continued onto I-89, and roughly between South Burlington and Williston at 7:45 P.M. we heard ticks of sleet on the windshield. From there through to our place on the Waterbury/Bolton line the precipitation was a mixture of small granular flakes and potentially some sleet, but we really didn’t have much in the way of formal sleet from what we could see and hear hitting the window; the sound just wasn’t sharp enough. The intensity of the precipitation also really fell off east of Williston, presumably in association with the dry slot. At the house around 8:45 P.M. I found 4.1 inches of snow on the snowboard, the temperature was 30.2 F, and the precipitation was mostly small granular flakes, but the intensity was fairly light. By 9:00 P.M. the precipitation was a combination of slightly larger flakes and some sleet pellets, and that’s what we’ve had since then. Based on the Intellicast colored radar it looks like we may get back into more substantial snow at some point. Since I haven’t cleared the snowboard yet with this event, when it looks like the dry slot/mix area is past, I’ll clear it and get the water content, and that will allow a good indication of liquid for that first part of the event. Then my plan is to let any overnight snow accumulate and I’ll measure at my normal 6:00 A.M. observations time. Of course we’ll have to see what Mother Nature has planned and whether or not my plans fit with hers.

Archived