Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
1/21/11 Storm Discussion III

ConvectiveSolutions

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

walk in the snow shortly. bfast and business strategy talk with my cousin. stop at apple store to buy powerbook. drive home about 1. I will be at the GTG though and look forward to seeing you there!

looking forward to my first ever Brookline snowstorm walk. It is beautiful here with nice snow falling and cleaned up very large snow piles.

walk in the snow shortly. bfast and business strategy talk with my cousin. stop at apple store to buy powerbook. drive home about 1. I will be at the GTG though and look forward to seeing you there!

looking forward to my first ever Brookline snowstorm walk. It is beautiful here with nice snow falling and cleaned up very large snow piles.

Check out some of the corner piles towards Boston. My cab from Logan yesterday afternoon went through Kenmore...there's a huge mountain there.

lol...your schwarzenegger fetish is out of control! Is it b/c he shares your last name (and a bunch of other letters at the end)?

Yeah it probably because I was called his last name all through school until college. But it still all makes sense. You fit the profile and demeanor to do all the things we said. I guess instead of blowing up the AWIPS station with a bazooka which was convenient, you blow up the NAM, since you you almost deleted it.

Not even close...CT will end up with between 5-7'' of snow most likely.

i agree with you, I doubt anyone sees much over 6"

funny thing is, if there is a widespread 6", technically he verifies. that's why he went with a 6-12. big difference between 6 and 12 inches :guitar:

what else is new?

This is exactly the type of sneaky storm that nobody notices where NW RI comes in with an 8 spot and everyone else gets 3-6"...its where they make up some ground on other areas. Not purely just elevation...it helps, but location plus elevation does wonders there. If PVD is 33-34F, they will be 29F and ripping heavy snow.

This is exactly the type of sneaky storm that nobody notices where NW RI comes in with an 8 spot and everyone else gets 3-6"...its where they make up some ground on other areas. Not purely just elevation...it helps, but location plus elevation does wonders there. If PVD is 33-34F, they will be 29F and ripping heavy snow.

That NW corner of the state cleans up.

What do the higher hills average, 55-60"?

the snow is done within the next few hours...perhaps I bust too low but there won't be many totals over 6'' of snowfall...4-8'' could probably have been a much better call.

Yup, this ones moving quick. Back edge is already near Albany.

Don't think anywhere in W. Ma. gets more than 4-5" which seems to have been the consensus right along.

I just measure 2.6" and I'll be happy if I total out at 4"

Just measured 2.3" as of 6:45am. I mustve been still asleep or measured in a bad area or something when I measured .75" an hour ago because it has not been snowing greater then .5-.75/hour. It was probably more like 1.5" at 5:45.

-sn 20F

What was your final measurement in the Jan 18 storm? 7"?

I notice I will often come in with more than you which makes sense, but in that storm it was probably equal...i got home after it ended, but noticed about 4" of new snow crusted by ice, but I knew the snow was more than that before the compaction from ZR/IP and even some light rain at 33F the next day took place.

Archived