e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm already over my average seasonal snowfall. Everything else I receive is gravy at this point.

BDR average is 26.3. They're at 34.2 and I'm at 39.6. Considering the date this is getting beyond gravy and could be moving towards a historic year, so I really need some more.

I want my block back.

Back in July we were three guys who were considered extreme weenies, heavy snow in a Nina winter, multiple stream storms?, what a bunch of weenies'

I am only 4 away from my average Jan 18th

Tattoo this big boy.

LOL, I'll be over 50" for the month if we get a moderate snow this weekend. Kev was busy humping all the torch boy forecasts like a virgin on prom night. Still, there's room at the table for everyone, even those that were insistent we were hangin' with Snoop and Willie. CoT FTW.

BDR average is 26.3. They're at 34.2 and I'm at 39.6. Considering the date this is getting beyond gravy and could be moving towards a historic year, so I really need some more.

A long way to go and this train is La Epic Express. Storms are going to keep pounding NE, historic when all is said and done. (sound of the town snow plow going by as I write this as if to punctuate.)

LOL, I'll be over 50" for the month if we get a moderate snow this weekend. Kev was busy humping all the torch boy forecasts like a virgin on prom night. Still, there's room at the table for everyone, even those that were insistent we were hangin' with Snoop and Willie. CoT FTW.

They laughed again at my mixed drink special today and the full out naked coed synchronized snow swimming blowout of Friday. Wonder if they laugh if we throw another oldies night with Jerry spinning on Monday. Tsk tsk kids and their Nina Fetish

A long way to go and this train is La Epic Express. Storms are going to keep pounding NE, historic when all is said and done. (sound of the town snow plow going by as I write this as if to punctuate.)

For sure. It's already been that in a few ways, including the massive mounds of snow not seen since 95-96. And to think I had only 1.1 until Boxing Day :weight_lift:

They laughed again at my mixed drink special today and the full out naked coed synchronized snow swimming blowout of Friday. Wonder if they laugh if we throw another oldies night with Jerry spinning on Monday. Tsk tsk kids and their Nina Fetish

This Winter is like a Grucci fireworks display. Repeated ooooohs and ahhhs then the big finale when we get slammed in April. Big Winter incoming, Big Big Winter.lol

Not at all. We're just going into a PNA pattern which is still cold and stormy

Don S says we may return to blocking, but it will be interesting to see if it's true. I don't really see many signs that it comes around any time soon, but perhaps it could during the beginning of Feb. In the mean time, the west will be helping us out.

Burbank says strap in your weenie and enjoy the ride.

The next system will be approaching to produce a period of snow late Thursday

night through Friday morning. The trick is determining if there will be a

phasing of the northern and southern streams to crank out a 6-12″ snowfall on

Friday. It appears that a merging of the streams is inevitable but it may be

just materializing as the storm passes by so we may not reap its full impact but

still have to deal with plowable amounts near 6 iches many areas. Most of the

region will have plain snow out of this event with just a risk of some rain

mixed in on the outer Cape briefly. Once the storm deepens offshore, it will

capture a chunk of the arctic chill progressing across Canada. Consequently,

expect highs in the upper teens to lower 20s this weekend with plentiful

sunshine on Saturday and a mix of clouds and sunshine on Sunday. By the way, it

appears that another storm brewing over the Atlantic will bypass the region on

Sunday but the resultant northeasterly wind over southeastern MA will probably

crank out some ocean-effect snow showers as the cold arctic air flows in across

the milder Atlantic. After some sunshine on Monday, the next storm could be

threatening with snow beginning later Tuesday and lasting into Wednesday.

YIKES!

THE NAO AND AO are both going positive

You just do not get it, when the pattern goes to PNA like it is, it is the Thaw cycle in a historic winter, storms continue to pile up, we go back to a blocky regime soon. Your boy Donnie baseball is all over it. Early Feb, we rock the COC again. You are having the winter of your life and you never saw it coming, enjoy it man enjoy it.

Amazing continuity on the "crappy" NAM model for phasing intermediate and polar streams... Intermediate stream develops a weak low latitude sfc wave with a decent moisture tap from the Gulf. Polar stream phases a bit earlier in the NAM and GGEM models, and together a kind of Miller A capture/NJ Model hybrid takes place and the low bombs going over or just under Cape Cod. Nice CCB rapid genesis with -EPV signaled in comma head in having the northern stream vortmax running up over the top of cold thickness.

Amazing continuity on the "crappy" NAM model for phasing intermediate and polar streams... Intermediate stream develops a weak low latitude sfc wave with a decent moisture tap from the Gulf. Polar stream phases a bit earlier in the NAM and GGEM models, and together a kind of Miller A capture/NJ Model hybrid takes place and the low bombs going over or just under Cape Cod. Nice CCB rapid genesis with -EPV signaled in comma head in having the northern stream vortmax running up over the top of cold thickness.

Archived