Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL :thumbsup:

Good man. Yeah, I think I'll lock up my 19 inches. I particularly liked the 20+ ratios during parts of the storm. This is a no doubt lock of the century HECS #2.

It sure is intriguing, though...

The NAM is all alone again for the most part. It's either going to be onto something for the same reasons John mentioned last time or it's showing it's bias of sucking most of the time. The OP EC and ENS were insistent on that last system tracking between ACK and the BM at this range...this time they're further SE.

Joe is one of the most respected level headed guys in the country and a native son of CT. When he gets excited look out. Euro has 1004 off of Cape Hat, huge overrunning

12Z Euro is a glancing blow for SNE as low pressure heads NE off the coast around LI........

Same model, two different interpretations.

Just saying what it shows. There has been somewhat of a se trend today.

LOl, I know. I still want to have the Euro on our side. Still a lot of time and there definitely seems to be a proclivity for these storms to tag us one way or the other. I'll be curious what the ensembles do.

The NAM is all alone again for the most part. It's either going to be onto something for the same reasons John mentioned last time or it's showing it's bias of sucking most of the time. The OP EC and ENS were insistent on that last system tracking between ACK and the BM at this range...this time they're further SE.

Yeah, that's why I limited it to intriguing. Perhaps an advisory event for people like me and you. As long as it is clean that would be fine.

Good to see some optimism expressed from mets, though.

I am looking at 7 h , looked like a hit for SNE but guess not, would like to see QPF

Hatteras/Delmarva not LI, Don't matter at this point its a scrape....

Probably another good ht for SNE. Every single storm wants to focus on that area this season. Even today's mess storm is focusing it's heaviest qpf there. Some years it just works out that way. Last year it was the Mid Atlantic.

Euro is very close to a big hit. Still gives us some snow..thinking tonight it corrects itself of being too slow in SW..I'd be surprised if the Euro ens..aren't much farther NW with the mean or at least leaving lot of spread to the west

Still not sold on this for 6+ for SNE, need another day to get a full handle on things, model bias's still at play here, like the trends overall if this were to move west on the EURO would sleep a little easier but all in all its got good potential. I would imagine once this slop moves out we will see much better.

Still not sold on this for 6+ for SNE, need another day to get a full handle on things, model bias's still at play here, like the trends overall if this were to move west on the EURO would sleep a little easier but all in all its got good potential. I would imagine once this slop moves out we will see much better.

This is another negatively tilted system...this one will be west rather than east.

Harrowing flight from BOS...2 de-icing delays....but got out just in time as apparently therer are 3-4 hour delays now. In my SNE overcoat at TPA an hour ago trying to call up model data on my phone. I'm an unbelievable weenie. Friday will yield 6+ imho. Meanwhile, today's snow part overperformed imby. Still snowing when we took off. Turbulence en rout....kind of sucked but on the ground now.

Archived