12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope these storms keep showing up in February and March when the seasonal progression of the jet stream should bring some of these systems further north and west as the jet starts moving northward again. Given that it is mid January and these storms keep tracking over the same general area, it might appear this is about as far south as the main storm track gets this winter. Last winter it was south over the mid-Atlantic, this winter its just south of SNE. We keep getting nickle and dimed up here in these storms... but at least we have the upslope on the backside of all these storms to make up for the lack of QPF.

Lundberg balls to wall folks

With the storm likely to deepen Thursday night and Friday as it cuts across extreme southeastern New England, the amounts should easily double, with 6-12 inches becoming a more common snow total for eastern Pennsylvania and possibly northern Maryland into much of New England. I wouldn't be shocked if someone wound up with 15 to 20 inches in portions of southern and eastern New England.

With the storm likely to deepen Thursday night and Friday as it cuts across extreme southeastern New England, the amounts should easily double, with 6-12 inches becoming a more common snow total for eastern Pennsylvania and possibly northern Maryland into much of New England. I wouldn't be shocked if someone wound up with 15 to 20 inches in portions of southern and eastern New England.

Damn yo! He's generally conservative by nature, no?

AWT. Again. A third 15+ event for me would be historic.

Damn I missed this, from Joe L??? Wow

Who cares what Joe says...what's the NAM showing? La la lock it up.

LOL :thumbsup:

Good man. Yeah, I think I'll lock up my 19 inches. I particularly liked the 20+ ratios during parts of the storm. This is a no doubt lock of the century HECS #2.

It sure is intriguing, though...

LOL :thumbsup:

Good man. Yeah, I think I'll lock up my 19 inches. I particularly liked the 20+ ratios during parts of the storm. This is a no doubt lock of the century HECS #2.

It sure is intriguing, though...

Joe is one of the most respected level headed guys in the country and a native son of CT. When he gets excited look out. Euro has 1004 off of Cape Hat, huge overrunning

Archived