joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am well aware, hence the southern stream needs to get stronger over the next 3-4 days on the models to get that closed 850 and track.

in a season where the northern stream tends to become more dominant as we close in.. good luck.

the good news (i guess) is no storm in this range has ended up looking like what the models show.

in a season where the northern stream tends to become more dominant as we close in.. good luck.

the good news (i guess) is no storm in this range has ended up looking like what the models show.

It's all hypothetical. Just trying to look for some positives. No need to remind any of this board how the winter has gone so far. We are all well aware, and have been reminded thousands of times.

It's all hypothetical. Just trying to look for some positives. No need to remind any of this board how the winter has gone so far. We are all well aware, and have been reminded thousands of times.

i know.. back to your fantasies...

There is plenty of time for the models to come around. At least there is a storm threat for next week. The models that are showing a rain event are having issues at this stage and are likely not correct. Things will colder for next week's storm. Our luck has to change. Next week should be our best event of the winter so far.

On the other hand, this winter has has sucked so far. Next week looks like a rain storm for the east coast. We can' t buy a decent snow event here. Things will only trend warmer for next week. Wet and warm. The models will lock into an inland track and never let go. We will never see a snow storm over 3 inches this winter.

I feel better now.

MDstorm

glad you said it, i would think that thing would be much further south east

The Euro is not having fun with this La Nina at all...it wants to progress (or not progress!) features as if we are in a very stagnant pattern like 02-03 where the ridge did not budge out of the West...hence why it has storms occurring later than many other models have been showing...the 12Z GEM I believe was a blip...ironically the GFS likely has the closest idea to what I think will happen but even it may be too slow because the lead disturbance is slowed somewhat by the one dropping into the Rockies behind it which over amplifies and tries to pull it back a bit...I would be surprised if this event occurs much past Day 5 at all....the GEM and Euro want to have it at Day 7 or 8.

The Euro is not having fun with this La Nina at all...it wants to progress (or not progress!) features as if we are in a very stagnant pattern like 02-03 where the ridge did not budge out of the West...hence why it has storms occurring later than many other models have been showing...the 12Z GEM I believe was a blip...ironically the GFS likely has the closest idea to what I think will happen but even it may be too slow because the lead disturbance is slowed somewhat by the one dropping into the Rockies behind it which over amplifies and tries to pull it back a bit...I would be surprised if this event occurs much past Day 5 at all....the GEM and Euro want to have it at Day 7 or 8.

cool thanks for popping in :thumbsup:

NOGAPS looks pretty nice as well

I'm on board - the JMA/NOGAPS combo is unbeatable.

(All kidding aside, even though it got many of the details wrong, I did like how the NOGAPS was mostly vindicated on seeing a more wound up system for our last storm. It's like seeing the fat kid finally win a race, or the Redskins make the playoffs.)

(All kidding aside, even though it got many of the details wrong, I did like how the NOGAPS was mostly vindicated on seeing a more wound up system for our last storm. It's like seeing the fat kid finally win a race, or the Redskins make the playoffs.)

Book it Danogaps!:thumbsup:

I guess like the EE rule we can call it the JOGAPS rule.

I have to get back to work, but the last thing I am going to say about the 12z EC run is a repeat of a comment I made last year 7 days before the Feb 5th storm when a run of the GFS showed it changing to rain. I will take my chances with that h5 track. If the H5 prog of the euro is correct I think we will do ok. Does not mean a super blizzard or we stay all snow, but I think we would be happy with the end result with that H5 track. I will let others bicker over exactly where the surface low should be on a day 7 chart based on the H5. Euro hasn't been able to nail anything from 72 hours out this year, not sure I want to lose sleep over its 150 hour forecast right now. The threat is still there. The chance this changes to rain has always existed and is real, but its our best chance of a big snow if we get the right h5 track.

Archived