• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

when the euro and the RGEM are constantly giving us 1 to 1.25 qpf.... .75 is not cool. The NAM is having issues again. Even the SREFS are wetter. Do you really think NYC is going to get screwed like the NAM shows?

How much have you had so far this winter?

Yeah, that's what I thought. If all we got was .75...i'm cool.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the diff between the Euro and the NAM is like night and day for NE

I'm trying to figure out how the he!! this went from a NE bliz to a MA special

more proof that its real hard to get a storm that hits the entire eastern seaboard from VA to ME

I wouldn't worry yet if I was NYC too Boston, the NAM has its uses because with its high resolution it is the best at picking up the thermal profiles of the storm and meso scale features like banding but it also is prone to crazy jumps even 12 hours before gametime. IT has done this so many times, unless other guidance supports it, and so far the SREF says its wrong, I would not buy its idea of everything sliding due east and OTS. Without any blocking that seems unlikely.

i doubt it's right up there maybe not here either but their a little further out in range. the nam has very little run to run consistency at the surface lately... or at least it is prone to bouncing around.

if its not right up there...then its not right up here.

I wouldn't worry yet if I was NYC too Boston, the NAM has its uses because with its high resolution it is the best at picking up the thermal profiles of the storm and meso scale features like banding but it also is prone to crazy jumps even 12 hours before gametime. IT has done this so many times, unless other guidance supports it, and so far the SREF says its wrong, I would not buy its idea of everything sliding due east and OTS. Without any blocking that seems unlikely.

essentially little or nothing has changed. the 500 track is about exactly what it was and is on the other models. the surface is fun to look at but it's not going to tell you the answer even when it's really close most of the time.

Pretty marginal. It is the NAM it could very well be run by run shifts that mean little. Verbatim areas to the E would see a tad more mixing before a full changeover. I am just saying exactly what the NAM has--not what I believe may or may not happen.

This run doesn't really seem any warmer beyond some microscopic shifts.

NAM is suppose to be this wet model on steroids.

Ji, please take a few minutes, a deep breath, compose yourself, and then come back for the rest of the 0z suite. We have a lot of other guidance to come in and we will know soon if the NAM was onto something or not. Either way its really not that big of a difference, its within normal error for precip.

Archived