amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to use the rake to get up the thatch, and will also be finishing that task today. Hopefully no more windstorms til the snowpack is established.

I'm still waiting for Andy's 3 HWW events this autumn. We haven't even had 1.

I drag the dethatcher behind the tractor after all the leaves have come down..then overseed.

I'm still waiting for Andy's 3 HWW events this autumn. We haven't even had 1.

I drag the dethatcher behind the tractor after all the leaves have come down..then overseed.

1 HWW here, but they are rare. I dunno where he was expecting three to happen. Cape maybe? Anyway, Ekster mentions wind accompanying this next storm in the GYX AFD. And those bastids took away my snow chances for this week. :gun_bandana:

You have property large enough to have a 14 degree temperature difference across it? Do you own half the state lol?

Like I said--all topographic(?). I took a couple photos this morning that I think illustrate the necessities for "hills ftl". The first picture is from a neighboring hill. The Pit is at the top. You can't see it well in the picture, but the hill drops in elevation about another 25' or so in front of the gray house in the foreground. My station is more or less at the level as the same level as the house. The second sensor'is location is on the other side of the hill about 50' from the bottom.

The second tries to show the steepness from the road, you can see the roof/chimneys sticking above the top.

Third, just for sh*ts and giggles, I took a picture looking south from the Pit. Pete lives there. "Hi, Pete".

Edit: pic 1 and 2 are reversed.

so instead of a LP coming up thru eastern newengland followed by a miller b and blustery cold temps we have

a lakes cutter followed by a weaker wave and a weaker shot of cold to follow on saturday.

then a building SE ridge thru thanksgiving followed by rain and transient cold shots or am i over reacting lol.

Hit 28.2 for an overnight low here. Looking forward to another nice yard work day.

When I lived in Cambridge I would drive out to Watatic to back country ski the old trail system. Nice little mountain.

Where's Watatic?

Nice looking dog, by the way. S/he must have really been happy you moved from the urban jungle to the rustic woods!

Just being a weenie this morning, I was browsing around on the old PNS reports and man would I have loved to been up in that band from nrn Worcester county up through nrn Middlesex county on 12/23/97.

DRACUT FINAL 23.5

PEPPEREL FINAL 22.0

AYER FINAL 21.0 (8.0 BETWEEN 1030AM-1130AM)

TOWNSEND FINAL 21.0

CHELMSFORD FINAL 20.4 (6.0 BETWEEN 11AM-1230PM)

WESTFORD 615 PM 19.0

LITTLETON FINAL 19.0

Just being a weenie this morning, I was browsing around on the old PNS reports and man would I have loved to been up in that band from nrn Worcester county up through nrn Middlesex county on 12/23/97.

DRACUT FINAL 23.5

PEPPEREL FINAL 22.0

AYER FINAL 21.0 (8.0 BETWEEN 1030AM-1130AM)

TOWNSEND FINAL 21.0

CHELMSFORD FINAL 20.4 (6.0 BETWEEN 11AM-1230PM)

WESTFORD 615 PM 19.0

LITTLETON FINAL 19.0

Nice stuff--hopefully we can see some like that this year. You have figre each of those sites had a similar window of insane rates.

How much did Kevin get? :)

Nice stuff--hopefully we can see some like that this year. You have figre each of those sites had a similar window of insane rates.

How much did Kevin get? :)

I think only like 6-7".

Some of those people had 6-8" of snow in 1 hr. Ridiculous. There must have been incredible vertical motion through the snowgrowth zone.

Heavy heavy overcast here now. Looks like a real November day.

I guess this will be the second sunday in a row that us western folks will watch for clouds increasing from the east. Nice and sunny here attm, though some 'milky' clouds beginning to sift in.

45.7 off a low of 37.4 (28.0 down the hill). Ice on the pond again--gradually getting closer to the edge as cumulative chilling taking hold.

I think only like 6-7".

Some of those people had 6-8" of snow in 1 hr. Ridiculous. There must have been incredible vertical motion through the snowgrowth zone.

When I shovel I like to do it in 6" amounts at a time, so it would be amazing to be shoveling and be back to square one before I was even done clearing the driveway. Visibility must've been like 20 feet or something. lol So, yeah, like Mike said, let's have some of that.

When I shovel I like to do it in 6" amounts at a time, so it would be amazing to be shoveling and be back to square one before I was even done clearing the driveway. Visibility must've been like 20 feet or something. lol So, yeah, like Mike said, let's have some of that.

There's probably a handful of times where I saw snow rates anywhere near that, although not quite that intense. The April Fool's blizzard, 2/7/03 surprise event...it was like less than 100yrd vis of pure dendrites at one point... no wind, 1/23/05, 2/28/05, and 12/9/05

Archived