northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE obs and discussion/banter

AmyB

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we've seen the last of this storm on the models. Pacific energy responsible for the s/w will be moving into BC Monday night, so models will have a better look at it.

Ultimately, yeah, more likely than not, it amounts to nothing :(

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Nice starlit sky with a fresh breeze. Just took a walk out back to see if there'd be any temp gradient tongiht. Indeed there was, though far less than the last two. 44.9 vs. 39.7 down the hill. It's comforting to know that I can experience radiatoinal cooling after all. Just be sure to take a flashlight!!

I was afraid that might be the case. To call them leaves is a bit of an overstatement. as they've built up over decades. I'm sure it must be rich soil beneath from the constant composting. Maybe by having the 2010 layer (and perhaps some 2009 leaves came up with them), the upcoming snowpack and spring melt will complete the composting of the old leaves. All told, it's close to an acre that I'm trying to clear so I'm not going to be able to get rid of the "mat". If need be, I'll let it compost another year, clear the 2011 leaves and plant in spring 2012.. In spite of my tree removal this past year, it will still be heavy shade, but I'm hoping a shade blend will do the trick.

I think I've been possessed by Kevin. lol

Surely you have a tractor? If so, buy a dethatcher ($70 on Amazon, probably the same at some home center), hitch it to the tractor and go for a spin. Works for Kevin.

Hey, now you are cooler than me (temp wise of course) since I have bounced back to 44.5F

Some clouds attm

Wow I'm beating Dave! Clear sky ftw.

It will be itneresting to see how the temp on the lower sensor compares with you. Suspect you'll still radiate better because you do that crazy radiating thing. But, it'll be nice to not lag sooooo far behind.

Pete, did you ever ski Watatic back in the day?

And do they do any ice climbing out your way? A guy I hiked with today was interested in that...

Bash Bish area?

Spent many a Summer day hanging out at Bash Bish when I was growing up. Most of the ice climbing I know is done across the river in the Catskills.

Go bills!

Now that they've lulled the rest of the League into a false sense of security they can start their march toward Super Bowl victory.

Wasn't there discussion between Kevin and Pete about who would win more games between DAL and BUF? Both win today, but it's just a one game lead for the 'Boys.

41.7F

Kev just said the Bills wouldn't win a game. Kev FTL!!!! I say they end up with more wins than the Cowgirls.

Must have cleared out, 'cuz my temp on the old Walmart special has dropped to 31.1F! Was 44 or so 2 or 3 hours ago...

No snow threats out there???

sure drive to the adirondacks on wednesday they will get snow....perhaps NNE as well. NNE is gonna get smoked this winter.

Us.....roll the dice......seems we need as a prerequisite

1. - nao ....then when we have that.....go down the list and its up to the pacific being better than absolutely horrible.

sure drive to the adirondacks on wednesday they will get snow....perhaps NNE as well. NNE is gonna get smoked this winter.

Us.....roll the dice......seems we need as a prerequisite

1. - nao ....then when we have that.....go down the list and its up to the pacific being better than absolutely horrible.

What's all this WE sh*t. This Winter is going to rock here on the East Slope.

0z nam has had it's third consecutive run taking the LP much further SE than the rest of the guidance. Is the nam usually this consistently out to lunch. what kind of issues does it have.

Storm is still 99% rain for New England...remember each panel shows the 0C line at the end of that period. Most of the precip is gone by the time the 850s are cold enough.

Archived